To help lessen the rate of out-of-school students and to encourage extraordinary students, the Amazon empire offers an annual scholarship scheme for any student who shows exceptional leadership skills and innovative thinking.
These are students who have active participation in their community activities, and also earn good grades in school. Thus, the scholarship aims to assist these students financially to cover their college tuition and other educational needs.
Also, the scholarship is for those who display a keen interest in computer science-related courses and are willing to earn a bachelor’s degree.
Therefore, in this copy, you’ll learn what the Amazon Student Scholarship is all about, the requirements, the host countries, and the scholarship’s worth. You will also discover other Amazon scholarship opportunities for students.
What is an Amazon Student Scholarship?
Amazon is one of the most prominent and leading business establishments of the 21st century. Thus, in their bid to contribute to the student’s education, the business empire offers $5,000 in scholarships annually to students who exhibit exceptional leadership skills, analytical skills, and innovative inclinations.
Hence, the scholarship scheme is not entirely a charity initiative. It offers financial assistance and support to a selected few bright, engaged, and active students in the United States. Thus, making them some sort of Amazon Brand ambassador.
Besides, the fundamental aim of the program is to increase publicity and enrollment in Amazon Student, which is a subsidized edition of Amazon Prime.
Therefore, the scholarship program offers financial assistance of about $5,000 to fifty (50) full-time undergraduate students to cater to their tuition. Also, it offers $500 for the purchase of textbook materials on Amazon.com.
However, applicants are evaluated based on their GPA, leadership skills and ability, community activeness, and essay writing.
Amazon Student Scholarship: Required Level and Field Of Study
The Amazon student scholarship is accessible to all United states Undergraduate students enrolled in any course or discipline. However, such applicants must be in an accredited not-for-profit college or university.
Furthermore, applicants must be in a 2- or 4-year college or university program. Graduating high school students seeking college scholarships and financial aid can also apply.
Amazon Student Scholarship: Host And Eligible Country
The Amazon student scholarship is hosted and conducted in the United States.
Although Amazon has branches and affiliates worldwide, its student scholarship program is solely for undergraduate students in the United States.
Nevertheless, there are several other scholarships and grants that can be accessed by international students in need of financial assistance towards their education to study in any country of their choice.
Financial Rewards/Benefits of Amazon Student Scholarship
The Amazon Student Scholarship is granted to 50 United States undergraduate students in a full-time, 2- or 4-year course at a college or university.
Therefore, the scholarship is worth up to $5,000 for tuition and $500 for purchasing textbooks for Amazon.com
Eligibility and Requirements
There are some requirements to be met before any applicant can be eligible for the Amazon student scholarship.
Also, graduating high school senior students can apply in advance. Hence, the requirements include:
- Applicants must be a united state citizens studying in a united state college or university
- Applicants must be in a full-time 2-year or 4-year course in the USA
- The potential Candidate must be a member of Amazon student which is a discounted edition of Amazon Prime
- Applicants must be in a full-time course at an accredited not-for-profit university or college in the USA.
Procedures to apply for Amazon Student Scholarship
Certain steps and actions must be taken after eligibility to apply for the Amazon student grant. These steps include:
- Interested applicants must write an essay describing Amazon and its enterprises. They must also detail what it means, its various trade prototypes, and the advantages of purchasing from Amazon.
- Moreover, the structure of the essay is decided upon by the applicants as long as it depicts the reasons for choosing Amazon
- Applicants should also endeavor to look into Amazon’s price policy, distribution format and range, special product coverage, speedy delivery, sales assistance, efficient payment process, and other stimulating reasons for the huge turnout of purchases every year.
- Furthermore, applicants should note that Amazon’s business prototype deals in other products other than books.
- All scholarship applications are evaluated by the Amazon Board (AMZ-Expert). Their measures will be creative and engaging content coupled with a level of clarity and developed reasoning.
As of the time of this writing, the Amazon student’s scholarship application has not yet begun. However, you can check back again at a much later time.
Other Amazon Scholarship Opportunities For Students
The Amazon empire strives for entrepreneurial development and excellence. Hence, it seeks to employ equipped and competent students from colleges and universities worldwide. Also, Amazon offers technical and non-technical job opportunities to these students.
These students come from different backgrounds—ethnic groups, religious backgrounds, political settings, and so on. These formed the basis for the various viewpoints that have been aiding the company’s worldwide sales.
Thus, Amazon seeks undergraduate and graduate students equipped to work as software development engineers (SDEs), support engineers, product and operational managers, applied scientists, cloud support associates, sales specialists, and financial analysts.
They also employ different departments such as AWS, devices, legal, operations, recruiting, and so on. Thus, as an Amazon student, you get the chance to work together on vital projects, operations, programs, and services affecting millions of people globally.
Such other opportunities which are similar to the Amazon Student scholarship include;
- Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program
- Amazon Black Employee Network Scholarship
#1. Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship
The Amazon Future Engineer scholarship scheme is similar to the Amazon student scholarship in that it offers support and financial assistance to graduating high school seniors.
Moreover, such students must have completed a computer science program and aim to earn a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, or any other computer science-related course. They must also aim to study at an accredited 4-year college or university. Amazon workers and their relations are not eligible.
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Worth
Unlike the Amazon Student scholarship, the future engineer grant is worth $10,000 which covers tuition for the four-year duration of your course at an accredited college or university. The funds also cover a summer internship at Amazon by the second year of your study.
However, the grant is given without discrimination on race, religion, ethnic group, nationality, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
Scholarship America is in charge of the program’s administration. Scholarship America is the USA’s biggest developer and manager of scholarships, tuition aids, and other educational sponsorship schemes. The group helps to manage and oversee grants and aid by individuals, organizations, councils, foundations, and associations.
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarships Requirements
All applicants putting themselves forward for the Amazon Future Engineer scholarship must possess the following criteria for consideration:
- Must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- Must be a graduating high school senior enrolled in a computer science-related program. Also, he/she must aspire to earn a bachelor’s degree in any computer science-related course in a 4-year program at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must possess at least a 3.0 GPA out of a 4.0 GPA system or its equivalent.
- IRS Form 1040
- Recommendation letter
Visit Amazon’s official website for more details.
#2. Amazon Black Employee Network Scholarship
This program is similar to the Amazon student scholarship and the future engineer scholarship. It also offers financial assistance to the tune of $5000 to students who show a keen interest in computer science-related programs.
The scheme offers $5000 for tuition per year for the duration of the four-year course in an accredited college or university. It also fosters relationships between Amazon students and industry mentors and peers through the black employee network funds.
Furthermore, Scholarship America is also in charge of the administration and management of these scholarships. This is a result of their reputation as being the biggest administrator of educational support in the United States.
The following prerequisites must be met to be eligible for the scholarship. They include:
- Applicants must possess an identity as black or of African heritage and must also be graduating high school seniors.
- Applicants must enroll in a full-time 4-year undergraduate course at an accredited university or college.
- Most Importantly, applicants must possess at least a 3.0 GPA out of a 4.0 GPA system or its equivalent.
- Applicants must aspire to study a computer science-related course at the college or university.
- Amazon workers, associates, and subsidiaries as well as their relations are not eligible for the scholarships.
Visit Amazon’s official website for more details.
FAQs on Amazon Student Scholarship
What is an Amazon Student Scholarship?
To contribute to the students’ education, the business empire offers a $5,000 scholarship annually to students who exhibit exceptional leadership skills, analytical skills and innovative inclinations.
What is the host country for the Amazon Student Scholarship?
The Amazon student scholarship is hosted in the United States.
What is the Amazon Student Scholarship Worth?
The scholarship is worth up to $5,000 for tuition and $500 for purchasing textbook for Amazon.com
- Academicrelated.com – Amazon student scholarship
- Worldscholarshipforum.com – Amazon student scholarship
- Academicful.com – Amazon student scholarship
- Currentschoolnews.com – Amazon student scholarship
- Atlanticride.com – Amazon scholarship programs