Bates Technical College is a public technical college located in Tacoma, Washington, United States. Bates is approved by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and has agreements with many four-year colleges and universities.
Online classes at Bates Technical College are very effective, and the duration given to round off the education training ranges from 6 hours to 2.5 months, though it depends on the degree. It is worth noting that only four major programs (2 certificates and two associates) are offered in online classes out of the numerous programs offered at the college.
In the course of reading, you will learn about Bates Technical College, its features, rankings, online classes, and much more.
Why you Should Attend Bates Technical College
- They give innovative instructions and high-quality training that promotes students’ success.
- It is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- It has an open admission policy which means it accepts everyone though you need to pass all their admission requirements.
- It offers online classes.
- Bates technical college online classes are effective
- Most of the college’s two-year degrees are transferable.
- It is a well-known or famous college because it has a strong partnership level with various businesses, and industries and it also helps to contribute to community vitality.
- They employ professional staff who are dedicated to impacting knowledge into the students and also care about their professional development
- They offer communication, mathematical, and computer skills that help students to be fully effective in society.
- They have a very positive environment where various students, faculty, and staff can succeed
- They also ensure the students have good career preparation
- They do give financial aid (that is when you apply for it).
How do Bates Technical College Online Classes Work?
Bates online classes do consist of a mixture of video recordings and live lectures with readings and assessments that students can complete at their chosen time.
It has four major programs: two certificates and two associate degrees.
To get started, students need a username and password to log in to an LMS (learning management system)—it is an online space where they can check out their syllabus and grades; reach out to professors, classmates, and support services; have access to course materials, and monitor their progress on lessons.
There are various LMS models, which include Canvas, Moodle, and Blackboard.
To make the online class effective, the LMS helps students to:
- Contact teachers or professors
- Converse with other students
- Access course materials
- Watch or listen to lectures
- Download PDF’s
- View slideshows
- Track their progress
- Take exams and quizzes
- Have easy access to technical support services
Online Classes at Bates are very flexible such that they can also be accessed from your mobile phones using the Canvas LMS. Now, Canvas is a learning management system that makes teaching and learning a lot easier. It offers a structure where students and teachers can collaborate using assignments, videos, instruction, and documents.
a. Completing Your Assignments Online
There is not much difference between the basic traditional classes and online classes as the aim is both the same. Just as a physical student is required to submit assignments, it is also the same for online students – the only difference is that you can send it across to your lecturer through an assigned website other than turning it up physically.
Online classes at Bates do require participation, as questions can be set by the lecturer and it is expected that the students give answers to them. They can also ask one another questions, thus making the class interactive. One should know that these participatory activities do count toward the final grade.
b. The Format Of Bates Technical College Online Classes
There are two basic formats: Synchronous and Asynchronous format. Unlike the normal physical classes, Bates Technical College online classes are held in a synchronous format, where classes are scheduled for a particular time. This means that all students (who applied for online classes log in at a specific time to attend and listen to the lecture, interact with the lecturer and other students, complete assigned projects, etc.
Of course, the engaging, interactive, and participatory aspects wouldn’t work if it weren’t for this format. The class starts and ends at a specific time, so you have to fix it in your daily schedule.
To make sure there is no loss, they will cancel a class if the students who applied are few. To this effect, there will be a 100% refund if your withdrawal notification is given at least one business day before the first day of class or if the class is canceled. The online classes in Bates college can be rescheduled and teachers can also be changed.
c. How Do Bates Technical Online College Classes Work When Completing Exams Online?
In most cases, these exams are fixed into Microsoft Word format or a similar program then students are expected to write the exam and upload it for the instructor to grade. On the other hand, exams can be taken through the class website.
Just as the traditional school system gives examinations, the online class students in Bates Technical College do partake in examinations.
Before you go in for the exam, ensure your internet connection is secured and strong. You should be aware that these examinations are given a time limit hence no need for interruption because if there is and the time elapses, it could result in failure.
Note that your email address is very necessary, as all that concerns you, your instructor, and Bates will be sent to you there. There are a few steps to follow if you wish to go for online courses at Bates College (this should be after you have met their admission requirements and you decide to go for online courses).
- Go to the Bates Canvas Login Page. It can also be accessed through the Bates home page by selecting “Canvas e-Learning” from the Quick Links dropdown menu on the top of the page.
- Log in to your account. Your Bates student ID # serves a dual function as both your username and your password.
- If there are difficulties logging in, please click on the “Forgot Password” link on the login page. Then an email will be sent permitting password change.
- If you cannot log in, send an email to email@example.com. The expected response time is 24 hours.
- Once you have logged in, you should be on the “Recent Activity Page.” If you put your mouse on “Courses” at the top of the page, you should see your course(s) listed there. Click on your course and you can begin your classes.
Bates Technical College Acceptance Rate
Bates Technical College is a public (meaning it is open to all) college located in Tacoma, Washington, in the Seattle area. Its acceptance rate is 100%, which means it does not select or discriminates; all you have to do is meet its admission requirements.
People also search for Washington College Acceptance Rate
Bates Technical College Admission Requirements
This amazing college offers over 50 programs, both short-term certificate options and Associate of Applied Science degree options, so there’s definitely a good program here for you. It is worth noting that more than 800 students graduate from Bates Technical College annually.
Before you apply, some of the biodata listed below are required, so ensure you get them.
- Test Scores
- High School GPA
- High School Class Rank
- Completion of College Preparatory Program
- Demonstration of Competencies
After you prepare the above information,
there are steps you need to follow for you to be admitted into this wonderful college and they are outlined below:
STEP 1: Apply For Admission to Bates Technical College
- Complete the online application.
- When they accept your application, you will get an email stating your designated ctcLink ID number and the next step to follow.
STEP 2: Attend a Virtual Information Session
This is the place where you will get all the necessary hints on how you can be an excellent student in this college, irrespective of the program of study.
“Getting Started: Steps to Enrollment” – is an online information session that provides an outlined introduction of the materials you will need to utilize as you start your study there and what you should do to foster your admission process.
STEP 3: Apply For Financial Aid
- Create an FSA ID
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA). Note that Bates Technical College’s school code is 012259.
- Complete other materials as requested by the Financial Aid Office.
STEP 4: Establish College Placement
Some documents which are accepted by Bates for college placement are:
- ACT/SAT scores
- High school transcripts
- Smarter Balance scores
- College/university transcripts
- Previously taken Accuplacer test results
Though some programs may require additional assessments for entry.
- Official college transcripts: You will need to submit this if you have attended college or university before
STEP 5: Register For Classes
- When the above steps have been followed, you can register for classes or you may probably be placed on a waitlist.
- Then bring your assessment scores or transcripts to this appointment.
- Note that your non-refundable $50 registration fee is due at this time.
STEP 6: Attend New Student Orientation
- Register to attend a New Student Orientation. Ensure you collect your parking pass and student ID card.
Bates Technical College Rankings
A rank refers to one’s position in a list sorted by a shared property such as physical location, population, or quality, or the level of one’s position in a class-based society. According to college facts, it is being given 48 badges in the 2023 rankings.
Bates Technical College has 89 popular major rankings and 152 most focused major rankings. The ranking facts are shown below:
- Most Popular Colleges for Mechanic & Repair Technologies
- Most Focused Colleges for Fire Protection
Most Popular Awards
The college’s best ranking for most popular majors is Mechanic & Repair Technologies for students. There are 89 major popular rankings, and some of them are:
|Ranking Name||Rank||Out Of|
|Most Popular Colleges for Practical Nursing & Nursing Assistants in Washington||1||5|
|Most Popular Colleges for Mechanic & Repair Technologies||72||794|
|Most Popular Colleges for Precision Production||58||478|
|Most Popular Associate Degree Colleges for Fire Protection||49||399|
|Most Popular Associate Degree Colleges for Diesel Mechanics Technology/Technician||29||169|
|Most Popular Colleges for Precision Metal Working in the Far Western US Region||11||95|
|Most Popular Colleges for Vehicle Maintenance & Repair in the Far Western US Region||9||129|
|Most Popular Associate Degree Colleges for Mechanic & Repair Technologies in the Far Western US Region||8||150|
|Most Popular Colleges for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training in Washington||1||5|
|Most Popular Associate Degree Colleges for Visual Communications in Washington||1||5|
|Most Popular Associate Degree Colleges for Mechanical Engineering Technology in Washington||1||6|
|Most Popular Colleges for Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training||4||92|
|Most Popular Associate Degree Colleges for Engineering Technologies in the Far Western US Region||19||152|
|Most Popular Colleges for Precision Metal Working||65||466|
|Most Popular Colleges for Vehicle Maintenance & Repair||70||637|
Bates Most Focused Awards Rankings
The college has 152 focused major rankings and the best it has is for Fire Protection students. Listed below are some of them.
|Ranking Name||Rank||Out of|
|Most Focused Colleges for Fire Protection in Washington||1||13|
|Most Focused Colleges for Electrician in Washington||1||6|
|Most Focused Colleges for Other Dental Services & Allied Professions||1||8|
|Most Focused Colleges for Civil Engineering Technology in Washington||1||5|
|Most Focused Colleges for Electrical & Power Transmission Installers in Washington||1||6|
|Most Focused Associate Degree Colleges for Construction Trades in Washington||1||14|
|Most Focused Colleges for Sheet Metal Technology/Sheetworking in the Far Western US Region||1||8|
|Most Focused Colleges for Construction Trades in Washington||1||14|
|Most Focused Associate Degree Colleges for Education in Washington||2||33|
|Most Focused Colleges for Diesel Mechanics Technology/Technician in the Far Western US Region||2||38|
|Most Focused Colleges for Electronics Engineering Technology in Washington||2||11|
|Most Focused Associate Degree Colleges for Construction Trades in the Far Western US Region||4||82|
|Most Focused Colleges for Vehicle Maintenance & Repair in the Far Western US Region||5||129|
|Most Focused Associate Degree Colleges for Precision Production in the Far Western US Region||6||97|
|Most Focused Colleges for Mechanic & Repair Technologies in the Far Western US Region||7||150|
How Much Is Tuition At Bates Technical College?
The undergraduate tuition fees for the 2021-2022 academic session at Bates Technical College were $6,511 for Washington residents and $13,278 for students who were not residents of the state. The fee was lower than the previous year because it was reduced by -1.77% for Washington residents and -18.30% for non-resident students.
Afterward, the 2022 tuition fees were $6,516 for Washington residents and $13,283 for non-resident students.
Giving an approximate figure based on the previous two years’ tuition change rate, the estimated 2023 undergraduate tuition fees for Bates Technical College are $6,396 for Washington residents and $10,848 for non-resident students, though it may vary from the main figure or cost. It has actually been reduced by -1.77% for Washington residents and by -18.30% for non-resident students when compared with the previous year.
FAQs on Bates Technical College Online Classes 2023
Yes, there is a career center at Bates Technical College – they help you to explore career fields that are related to your passion.
No, there is no weekend welding class.
Yes, Bates Technical College is a good school that is committed to the success of students by giving innovative instructions and high-quality training.
Yes, Bates Technical College is a real college accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.