The best Coursera reviews are honest opinions by users about the programs and certifications offered by the online learning platform.
Coursera is arguably one of the top-ranked eLearning platforms that offer users the opportunity to further their education and advance in their job. It is one of the few MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) that offers legitimate Master’s degrees and certificates from reputable colleges.
Coursera offers both free and paid online programs. The goal of Coursera is to give many more people who might not be able to afford or move to their preferred university the opportunity to learn and earn certifications and degrees.
With the presence of various online learning platforms today, there is a growing need for reviews on the quality of courses, certificates, and degrees they offer. Let’s look at learners’ perspectives on Coursera courses.
Why Choose Coursera Online Courses?
Choosing Coursera courses is of great benefit, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Accredited courses
The fact that Coursera’s credentials are authorized and accepted by the majority of employers is one of the main advantages of using it over other online learning platforms.
The fact that Coursera uses courses supported by reputable organizations and recognized colleges all over the world is largely to blame for this.
For added legitimacy and to gain some practical experience working in the industry, these courses are also administered and certified by top experts, lecturers, and organizations.
The ability to earn a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in conjunction with the company’s university partners is another advantage of Coursera.
Without having to pay the high tuition costs or relocate to that state or country, this can give you legitimate credentials and a credible degree from some of the most prominent and top-ranking universities.
The ability to earn impressive and practical certifications while remaining in the comfort of your own home, city, or state is another great advantage. You won’t need to quit your job, take time off work, or relocate to another city in order to attend your preferred university.
With Coursera, there is a ton of flexibility, and some degrees can be completed in as little as six years.
Therefore, whether you use Coursera to work from home or attend the university yourself, the credits are earned by completing the assignments and putting in the work.
This is a crucial tool for assisting people in achieving their goals and obtaining the credentials they need for their ideal jobs.
Additionally, you may work at your own pace and finish the course whenever it’s convenient for you, which is ideal for people with other obligations and duties.
The price of continuing education presents one of the largest obstacles for many people. Not everyone will be able to afford tuition costs of up to $50,000 a year, nor will everyone have the time or resources to move onto campus and pay for housing.
The best part of taking courses through Coursera is that you can do it at home for a small fraction of the cost while still getting valuable knowledge and credentials.
Varieties of Coursera Courses and Certificates
The enormous selection of certificates and courses offered by Coursera is one of its best features. Five different varieties exist, nevertheless, to meet your demands.
- Degree courses such as Master’s and Bachelor’s
- Online courses
- Specialization courses
- MasterTrack courses
- Professional certificate courses
Employers in most businesses would regard a full degree far more than other courses and credentials, and they would value a degree from a prestigious university even more.
Due to its affiliation with some of the largest and most prestigious universities in the world, Coursera now provides both bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
The website provides real, reliable degrees that can improve your résumé and open up new professional opportunities.
Additionally, Coursera provides a vast array of online courses focused on a variety of subjects and disciplines, such as business, health, and personal development.
The vast majority of Coursera’s courses are in fields that will advance your career and are in demand by companies. While many courses are free to use, most charge fees to receive a certificate that can be added to your resume.
Additionally, Coursera offers Specialization courses that are helpful in developing a user’s industry- or job-specific expertise. To completely learn a new skill, you can enroll in a specialty.
In comparison to standard online courses, specialized courses are a little more challenging and practical because they require students to participate actively in the projects and provide real-world business difficulties. These kinds of classes need a lot of work, but the payoff is that you will grasp the subject in great detail and they will be recognized much more.
Applied Data Science, Big Data, Deep Learning, and Data Structures and Algorithms are a few examples of specialized courses on Coursera. You receive a Specialization Certificate after finishing the course, and it is equally as affordable as the other courses on Coursera.
MasterTrack credentials are also available via Coursera. If you lack the time or resources to finish a Master’s degree, this is a fantastic substitute.
Students who complete their Master’s programs using online modules and earn a MasterTrack certificate can do so for a reasonable cost and receive credentials.
The instructional value and level of interactivity in these activities are excellent. Software engineering and machine learning for analytics, for instance, are among the themes. Your knowledge and understanding of a discipline will increase as a result of taking these courses, which will provide you with an education similar to that of a master’s degree without the high cost.
You can purchase Coursera courses in installments starting at roughly $2000. If you subsequently decide that you want to pursue a Master’s degree, you can apply for the credits from the MasterTrack certifications toward the degree, which is very beneficial.
Professional certificate courses
Similar to the online single courses, but with a strong focus on careers, Coursera offers professional certificate courses. Universities and leading businesses in the industry both provide these kinds of courses to help you advance your knowledge of the newest theories and technologies.
There are also several professional courses available to aid in your personal growth, including ones on resume development and interview preparation to help you build your career and your confidence.
These professional programs are also supported by well-known corporations like Google and IBM to provide them more credibility and educational resources from people who actually work in the field you want to pursue.
Coursera Reviews: Are Coursera Certificates or Degrees Valid?
- With Coursera, you can truly advance your profession, in contrast to many other online learning sites that just offer courses. This is due to the fact that Coursera provides accredited certificates and degrees.
- A professional credential is offered by a lot of platforms for learning, but many of them are useless in the real world. They are merely a reward for your diligence and won’t help you advance your career or get employment.
- Employers and colleges respect the distinctive nature of Coursera certifications. This is due to Coursera’s commitment to providing courses of the highest caliber.
- The best colleges and businesses you can think of teach Coursera courses. Because of this, Coursera’s credentials and degrees are valid and worthwhile.
- A Coursera online degree can help you get your ideal job or be qualified for a job with a higher status.
- When it comes to locating employment and submitting job applications, Coursera certificates are just as valuable as a degree gained in college.
- Through Coursera, two different types of certifications are available. This contains a certificate for the course and a certificate for a specific career. Both are respected by employers and will support you in many ways.
List of Top Coursera Courses Online
The following are Coursera courses online:
- The Science of Wellbeing
- Learning how to learn- Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
- Financial Markets
- Machine Learning
- Covid 19 Contact Tracing
- Successful Negotiation- Essential Strategies and Skills
- English for Career Development
- Financial engineering and risk management
- Seeing through photographs
- Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Learn to program- the fundamentals
- Internet history, technology, and security
- Introduction to Philosophy
#1. The Science of Wellbeing
This is one of the best Coursera online courses for those looking to incorporate positive practices into their daily lives. In preparation for these projects, Professor Laurie Santos dispels unfavorable mental traits that cause us to think the way we do as well as research that can help us become better.
- You will receive help from the course in developing fresh ways of thinking and achieving your unique objectives.
- The assignments are of a very practical character and will help you in identifying your true sources of happiness.
#2. Learning how to learn- Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
This is one of the top Coursera courses online, taught by Professor Barbara Oakley and Dr. Terrence Sejnowski, and it gives you access to the effective teaching strategies that experts in the fields of math, science, literature, technology, and many other disciplines use every day. You can learn about the two very different ways that the brain processes information and learns.
- The course offers adjustable due dates that can be changed to fit your schedule.
- You will gain knowledge about learning strategies you have always heard about but haven’t given enough consideration.
#3. Financial Markets
One of the best free Coursera courses, this focuses on the ideas, procedures, and organizations that enable risk management and business promotion in contemporary society. Strategic management techniques that result in monetary stability will be covered. Additionally, you will study behavioral finance and the fundamentals of risk management as they relate to the operation of the banking, insurance, and securities sectors.
- You will undoubtedly be able to make more sensible financial management decisions after taking this course.
- Additionally, it encourages students to pursue finance as a career.
#4. Machine Learning
This is one of the best free machine learning courses on Coursera, taught by the founder himself. You’ll learn how to put machine learning principles into practice. More importantly, you can gain the practical knowledge necessary to swiftly and effectively apply these techniques to new issues in addition to learning about the theoretical foundations of learning.
- This course is for you if you want to expand your understanding of machine learning concepts beyond “model.fit (X, Y), model.predict(X)”.
- Each of the listed topics is fully described in it.
#5. Covid 19 Contact Tracing
One of the best online Coursera courses for understanding the science behind SARS-CoV-2 is this one. These include the clinical manifestation of COVID-19, the method of SARS-CoV-2 transmission, and the use of contact tracing and how it may be useful in virus containment. The process of contact tracing can be taught to students, along with how to relate to instances and identify their contacts.
- The instructor provides a thorough description of the role that contract tracers play.
- Additionally, the sample videos provided by the course along with the lecture’s quiz questions will keep you interested the entire time.
#6. Successful Negotiation- Essential Strategies and Skills
We all engage in negotiations frequently. On a personal level, we bargain with people like our friends, family members, tenants, vehicle dealers, and employers. Negotiation is another key to company success. We hope you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have achieved “Successful Negotiation” using one of the most well-known and highly effective Coursera certification courses.
- The course includes many real-world situations to illustrate the theory, and how to create a bargaining plan and negotiation strategies.
- The instructor of the course tries to explain the concepts to the students through straightforward and continuous examples.
#7. English for Career Development
This course can assist anyone in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. It is one of the best free Coursera courses available for English language learners from countries other than the United States.
You will study the job search, application, and interview process in the United States while contrasting it with the equivalent procedure in your native country in this course. Along with helping you improve your language abilities and achieve your professional goals, this program will give you the chance to choose your worldwide career path.
- This course contains a lot of accessible and useful examples for newcomers and job seekers.
- The course is intensely focused and covers a lot of material related to the subject’s title.
#8. Financial engineering and risk management
Finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, and quantitative approaches are all applied in the multidisciplinary discipline of financial engineering. One of the top Coursera courses online focuses on the use of basic stochastic models in a variety of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, credit, and mortgage-backed securities, in order to price derivative products.
- The course provides an excellent summary and in-depth explanation of mathematical models of fixed income and equity as well as derivatives.
- It is really well organized, easy to follow, engaging, and has carefully chosen and ordered content.
With a focus on applications and a thorough examination of the scientific performance of Java implementations, this Coursera Java certification introduces the essential understanding of algorithms and data structures that any serious programmer must possess. Data structures, sorting, and searching have their foundational algorithms in Part I. The second section focuses on the graph and string-processing algorithms.
- The entire course structure’s reasoning is pretty straightforward from the beginning.
- This course covers the fundamental information that any serious programmer should be aware of.
#10. Seeing through photographs
Many of us have grown accustomed to taking, publishing, and seeing pictures. Given our nearly daily connection with photographs, this course will assist you in exploring the significance of images and reevaluating photography’s place in our visual culture. By embracing a variety of ideas, techniques, and technologies, this Coursera online course seeks to clarify the distinction between seeing and truly comprehending images.
- By enrolling in this course, you’ll be able to participate in discussion groups with people from all around the world.
- It will provide you with a completely different perspective on both your own and other people’s work.
#11. Management of Fashion and Luxury Companies
Learn about the operations of the fashion and luxury industries as well as their brands, products, retail strategies, and communication approaches. Explore company concepts, global expansion, and product categories with renowned industry professionals. The influence of new media outlets, distribution routes, and industry declines on established brands and emerging markets will all be covered in this Coursera course.
- This is a great course for anyone interested in learning how the fashion industry is structured.
- It’s an excellent tool for students studying business and fashion around the world.
#12. Private Equity and Venture Capital
This course on Coursera is among the finest for learning about the private equity and venture capital industries. You will comprehend the ideas behind business creation, financial assistance, and procedures after completing this course.
- The information in this course is quite helpful and focuses on topics like venture capital and private equity that are extremely current.
- Stefano Caseli, the professor, delivers his material really well.
#13. Learn to program- the fundamentals
Every mouse click and touchscreen tap is a result of a computer program that causes certain events to occur. This Coursera python certification course introduces the essential building blocks of programming and demonstrates how to learn Python using Coursera and utilize the Python language to create entertaining and practical programs.
- This course is ideal for brushing up on the foundations of Python.
- Anyone new to Python who wants to learn the fundamentals will be at ease after finishing this course.
#14. Internet history, technology, and security
Technology and networks continue to have a greater impact on our daily life, culture, and communities. The sheer ability to access this Coursera course from anywhere in the world over the past 60 years has necessitated the planning, engineering, and installation of technical infrastructure. In order to function in a data-centric environment, we need to grasp how network technology works.
- After learning this lesson, you won’t take the Web and the Internet for granted. You would know more about the pressing technological problems that society is currently confronting.
- Realizing that the Internet and the Web are creative spaces can help you better grasp how you may contribute to that creativity.
#15. Introduction to Philosophy
Some of the main subfields of conceptual philosophy will be introduced to you in this online Coursera course. Each module will feature a different philosopher talking to you about some of the most pressing issues and topics in their area of specialization. You’ll start by attempting to comprehend what philosophy is, what its fundamental goals and tactics are, and how it differs from other topics.
- Your initial sincere effort to learn philosophy will be in this course.
- The chance to study diverse facets of contemporary philosophy would be fantastic.
Are you looking for Coursera alternative? If yes, Check out our best Udemy Reviews
Best Coursera Reviews: Is Coursera Worth It?
Regardless of where they are or where they are from, Coursera was created to assist people in advancing their careers and personal lives. Everyone can access and learn from the website at reasonable costs.
In the United States, attending a university can cost as much as $50,000—and that’s before housing costs or book costs. A lot of folks just cannot afford or do this.
You won’t need to worry that your desired job is out of your reach if you successfully complete a degree course on Coursera. Since you may pay in installments and bachelor’s and master’s degrees start at $15,000, more people can now afford to pursue higher education.
With Coursera, you can pick from over 5100 courses and specializations, over 45 professional certificates, and 25 valid degrees endorsed by top universities from around the world.
These credentials are adaptable, inexpensive, and available to anyone, with opportunities to fit study around existing employment, circumstances, and lifestyles.
Not only does Coursera provide consumers with access to thousands of courses and degrees, but the organization is also linked with expert businesses that can provide priceless guidance in the industry.
A number of these organizations, such as CalTech, Google, Cisco, and others, can offer sound advice from persons who hold these positions and occupations.
Additionally, courses provide real feedback from actual lecturers and subject-matter experts to help you learn and develop your abilities.
The system reportedly aided more than 85% of Coursera users in 2019 in advancing their jobs, getting a raise, or getting a promotion.
These Coursera reviews have shown that Thousands of learning opportunities, including courses, specializations, and degrees, are available through the online learning platform. To make its online courses more convenient, it collaborates with prestigious universities and organizations.
Coursera offers a range of payment options, including free, paid-for individual courses, and monthly and yearly subscriptions. Its courses are adaptable, inexpensive, career-relevant, and respected by potential employers.
Read also: EDX Reviews
FAQs On Best Coursera Reviews
Reviews have shown that Coursera Certificates have value and are unquestionably worth the money if you’re aiming for promotion, considering a career shift or the skills you’re learning are in high demand.
There are top-notch Coursera partners and course suppliers. The tutors are either actual in-person professors or renowned professionals in their fields.
If you have the resources, Coursera can help you get a job. Although the certificates may not be the most well-known, the abilities you acquire can be a huge asset to your career—even recruiters will concur with that.
From several reviews, Coursera has a strong history of protecting the privacy and safety of its users. This website will not attempt to con you and is entirely legitimate. Yale, Stanford, Duke, University of Michigan, Google, IBM, and many other institutions are among Coursera’s partners.
In general, you can audit Coursera courses for free, but you must pay if you want to access graded assignments or obtain a Course Certificate.