Korea University is one of the prestigious private university with a research focus in Seoul, hence it has a very competitive acceptance rate.
The university is widely recognized as one of the three most distinguished institutions of higher learning in the nation. Besides, Over 20,000 undergraduate and over 10,000 graduate students make up the student body.
Furthermore, thousands of students enroll in Korea university each year, however, very few students were admitted due to the low acceptance rate.
Therefore, in this article, you will learn the reasons to attend Korea university despite the low acceptance rate. Also, you will learn about the requirements and documents needed to get admitted into Korea university and its acceptance rate.
Why Attend Korea University?
Are you wondering why you should attend Korea university? These tips will give you a very good reason why you should arrange your bags to Korea Uniniversity. South Korea is comparable to other places in the world, it has large mobile people and sophisticated, contemporary cities.
It has significantly deviated from its neighbor, North Korea, since 1948. With several temples, palaces, and UNESCO World Heritage Sites amid contemporary structures and heavily inhabited residential districts, Sought Korea is a blend of the old and the new. Despite being heavily impacted by American society, it nonetheless manages to preserve its rich past and traditions. So what can you expect as an international student?
- Academic programs’ competence
- Courses and options available
- Stunning and cutting-edge campuses
- Worldwide experience
- Amazing and enjoyable setting
- Future employment
- Cost of education
- Korean language
- Accommodating immigration policy
#1. Academic programs’ competence
Korea University is among the best in the world, offering challenging, prestigious, and cutting-edge academic programs. Distinguished academics who earned their PhDs at the best American or European institutions (Ivy League, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, etc.) sometimes taught for many years in their school before coming to Korea are members of the faculty of Korea university.
In other words, for a far lower cost, you will receive an education that is on par with the greatest colleges in the world in terms of quality, substance, and techniques.
#2. Courses and options available
There are several choices for studying in Korea University. Whether you’re interested in undergraduate engineering studies, a diploma in international relations, an MBA, or conducting high-value advanced scientific research, you’ll find a wide variety of programs at all levels.
Every semester, there are a ton of exchange and visiting student programs available, as well as academic summer campus programs where you can have a blast while learning. They offer different programs which include different cultural activities so that you can fully immerse yourself. Whatever your goals are, there is always an appropriate choice available.
#3. Stunning and cutting-edge campuses
College campuses are a whole other level in Korea University, where campus life is a totally unique experience. Facilities at Korean University are of the highest caliber, frequently featuring stunning and opulent architecture.
You can benefit from connected classrooms, cutting-edge research labs, comfortable, affordable housing, designated study rooms open around-the-clock with private lockers, and numerous affordable dining options on campus as a student of Korea University.
#4. Worldwide experience
A big element of Korea University life is the international vibe; there are typically close to 2000 students on campus from 50 different nationalities. As a student in Korea University, you will make friends from all over the world and develop a genuinely global network in addition to all the Korean friends you will make. The experience is firmly international!
#5. Amazing and enjoyable setting
Korea University is among the top unibersity in the world for students for a number of reasons;
- Korea is secure: With one of the lowest rates of crime in the world, Korea is one of the safest nations in the world. In reality, you can leave the campus at any hour of the day or night without worrying about your safety or your possessions.
- Korea is enjoyable; whatever your idea of a good time is, you can be sure that Korea will meet your requirements. We promise you won’t get bored living on campus, thanks to the vibrant nightlife, thriving esports and gaming industry, and yearly concerts and festivals.
- No matter where you are in Korea, you may access to the fastest internet in the world for free or for a very little cost. It’s simply on a different level.
- Korean cuisine is rich, varied, and reasonably priced.
- Korea is a country that never sleeps; you can find cafes, restaurants, bars, shops, and even hair salons open around-the-clock in most major cities.
#6. Future employment
A degree from a Korea university will broaden your professional options. In order to maintain a competitive edge on the international market, global Korean brands like Samsung, LG, and Hyundai, to name a few, need to hire internationally. As a result, they value international students who have earned degrees in Korea for their adaptability, language proficiency, and additional cultural background.
Many of these businesses have recruiting initiatives designed especially for foreign graduates of Korean collleges.
However, if your goals are to pursue a career overseas, studying in Korea University will also provide you with a wealth of opportunities as recruiters from all over the world will be drawn to your valuable study abroad background.
A degree from a top Korea university will significantly boost your chances of admission to the most prestigious graduate schools on Earth, however, if your ultimate goal is to go to another nation for graduate school afterward. For instance, it is well known that the SKY schools in particular are important feeders to the Ivy League colleges.
#7. Cost of education
Thanks to modest tuition rates and typically inexpensive campus dormitories, good restaurants, students can receive a top-notch education for a fraction of the cost. In an effort to draw more foreign colleges, Korea university now provide large merit- and need-based scholarships.
It’s also possible to work part-time. As an international student, you will be able to work a part-time job in Korea University for up to 20 hours a week with the immigration office’s approval.
#8. Korean language
You may master the alphabet of Korean in no more than two days, making it one of the simpler Asian languages. Unlike Japanese or Chinese, Korean uses the Hangul alphabet, making it much simpler to learn than those languages.
It will take you no more than two days to learn the entire alphabet and be able to read street signs. Also, if you want to learn Korean and ultimately communicate with Oppa in the language, a variety of well-structured full- and part-time programs are available at Korea University.
Besides, if you’re looking to learn the Korean language, check out How To Study Korean- Best Way To Learn Korean Online Free
#9. Accommodating immigration policy
The nation is struggling with a serious demographic issue and needs an influx of young, productive immigrants to support the economy. This is why the Korean government’s immigration laws have been highly lenient toward international students, providing a resident visa with major benefits for Korean degree holders as well as a work search visa and a points-system residency visa.
Additionally, the Immigration Office has established the Korean Integration Program (KIIP) for a more seamless integration into Korean society and a dependable gateway for citizenship and permanent residency.
Korea University Admission Requirements For International Students
Below are the admission requirements and documents for freshmen and transfer students.
Admission for freshmen at the university
Candidates must fulfill one of the two criteria listed below. Additionally, all applicants should be able to speak English fluently.
- The candidates’ primary and secondary education was completed outside of Korea or in international schools for at least 12 years.
- He or she has finished (or is anticipated to finish) primary and secondary school (elementary, middle, high school).
- Candidate should hold English proficiency test scores of the TOEFL TEPS, IELTS, TOEIC
Admission Review Process
- First Round: Document review
- Second Round: Only the candidates who pass the document review get the chance to have the interview.
Below are some of the documents needed by freshmen and transfer students.
For Both First-Year and Transfer Students
- Application Form, Personal Statement and Study Plan
- Official Graduation Certificate of high school
- A score report of an English proficiency test (TOEFL, TEPS, TOEIC or IELTS)
- Candidate whose mother tongue is English: Other official language proficiency test scores
- Official transcript of Korean language course or a score report of a Korean proficiency test (TOPIK)
- A copy of the candidate’s passport
- Copies of both parents’ passports or other official documents indicating parents’ nationality
- Official document indicating parent-child relationship between the candidate and his/her parents (Family Register, Birth certificate, etc)
- Candidate’s Certificate of Facts Concerning the Entry and Exit(from Immigration Office of Korea)
- Certificate of bank deposits for over USD 10,000 from the candidate or the parents
- Should be issued within three months before the submission of the application.
- Additional documents attesting to the candidate’s academic success.
- Score reports of recognized tests, prize records, Letters of Recommendation, etc.
Undergraduate Freshman Candidates
- Official Transcript(s) of High school
- Results of a national examination for college entrance.
- Certificate of admission from other university.
Undergraduate Transfer Candidates
- A letter of recommendation from applicant’s professor
- Official university transcripts of academic records
- Official certificates of attendance from university
- Documents which are not in Korean or English should be translated and notarized In Korean or English.
- The application Fee of KRW 100,000 should be paid when the application is submitted.
Korea University Acceptance Rate For International Students
Korea University has a selection policy. It is quite difficult for Korean students to get accepted. To be accepted into Korea University, you must rank in the top 1% of all Korean students.
However, International students, on the other hand, have an entirely different experience. Hence, Fewer international students wish to attend Korea University, despite the fervent desire of thousands of Korean students to do so.
Therefore, it is predicted that Korea University’s acceptance rate for International undergraduate students is roughly 25%. Around 50% of applicants for graduate programs are thought to get accepted.
Foreign students have a better chance of being accepted to Korea University because the international acceptance fee is more than the local acceptance cost.
Why the admission rate for international students is so high is because Professors don’t have to spend a lot of money to recruit foreign students for their labs, which is one of the causes.
Korea University GPA Requirements For International Students
Students wishing to attend Korea University in South Korea must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.80.
Also, students must engage in extracurricular activities such as sports, project leadership, and community service to increase their chances.
You may also consider Best Study Abroad Programs For International Students
Korea University, which has more than 4000 incoming students enrolled, is one of the best universities in South Korea for international students. Because it has a lengthy history and has significantly expanded its study fields throughout time, KU is quite alluring.
Besides, There is practically nothing you can’t learn here. Also, The highest course quality is what students who are interested in law, medical, science and management, natural sciences, engineering, technology, or business may anticipate. Additionally, KU is committed to globalization and just opened a Graduate School of International Studies.
FAQs On Korea University Acceptance Rate for International students
Korea University’s acceptance rate for international undergraduate students is roughly 25%. Besides, about 50% of applicants for graduate programs are accepted.
Korea national university of arts acceptance rate is estimated to be 27%. This is based on admission statistics of closely-ranked nearby universities with similar research profiles that do publish such data.
To have a chance of being admitted to Korea University in South Korea, applicants must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- https://skudy.net– why attend korea university
- https://www.universityfairs.com – korea university admission requirements for international student
- https://uscollegeinternational.com – korea university acceptance rate for international student
- https://www.gotouniversity.com – korea university gpa requirements for international students