After High school, the only thing that can stand between your admission into any Florida college is Pert test. To excel in this important test, you need a study resource to help you prepare adequately.
Our PERT practice test guide contains the possible PERT questions, answers, and explanations that will help you prepare for this important pre-college exam and get a top score. It will help you easily predict how you’ll perform on a PERT placement test.
Using the PERT test practice exam, you’ll discover your areas of strength and weakness, which will help you organize your studying pattern.
What is PERT Test?
Pert test is a compulsory test that Florida College and the university system use to place students in a course suitable for them based on their ability and academic skills. It always includes sections on mathematics, reading, and writing. They are popularly known as the pert reading test, PERT writing test, and PERT math test, respectively.
Because of the importance of this test, there’s a need for you to score over 100 in each of the sections, which will help you escape the remedial classes. For example, you need to score at least 114 in math, 106 in writing, and 103 in reading before you can become a regular freshman.
To get these high marks, this is where the pert test practice exam comes in. You need to practice the exam using the pert test practice exam.
Why Pert Test?
Well, the major purpose of this Pert exam is to help each student with the right course that will favor them in life. PERT test helps to fine-tune student course placement, so they can start with classes that suit them.
The overall aim of this test is to help you start a class that is your level. So instead of starting with classes that are significantly higher than your capacity or way lower. They start with the one that suits them.
Pert Test Dates
There’s no specific date for writing this test in Florida. This is because different schools in Florida have their individual date for conducting this exam. That is to say, the date for the Pert test depends on the school you are applying for. So, there’s a need for you to always check your college’s testing/exam center to figure out how to go about your PERT.
Talking about how to register for the test, you can do the registration online or offline. You have the option to register online or by going to the school office. And after registration, you will get the date you will need to come for the test. However, some schools offer online testing if you are out of state or if where you live is far from the testing center.
Is the pert test hard?
No, the pert test is not hard. You can get high scores in the pert if you follow the pert study guide below. So, if your aim is to score high marks on the test, you need to start practicing with a pert test practice exam. Interestingly, there are so many pert reading practice tests online, pert math practice tests, and pert writing practice tests online.
How to pass the PERT test- 10 Best Tips
We understand that the goal of every student who wants to sit for this exam is to pass and escape the remedial classes. So we have put these 10 tips to help you smash the test with a high score.
- #1. The test is untimed, so you need to relax and write at your own pace.
- #2. Pert test is a multiple-choice test. And each question has 30 questions. But you should know that you can’t save the answer for later. You don’t have an option of changing your answer after picking an option.
- #3. You are not allowed to go in with your calculator during the exam. But once you click on the maths section, the program automatically brings a calculator icon on the screen for you.
- #4. There are usually breaks during that time. So, if you have an emergency, raise your hand to call for the attention of the instructors.
- #5. Since the exam is on the computer, it’s very important you practice beforehand to get familiar with the exam question template. So you can pick the pert math practice, pert writing practice test, and the pert reading practice test.
- #6. They are some free pert practice tests to take advantage of on the internet. Use these PERT test practice tests to get yourself well prepared.
- #7. Like every other exam. You don’t have to come late to the exam hall. So be there on time so that you can relax your nerves before the test.
- #8. Again, since the test comes in three sections, you must have a good study plan for you to cover each of the sections while studying.
- #9. If you are ready for the exam, don’t apply. Give yourself enough time to prepare for the test. And apply whenever when you are ready.
- #10. When answering the questions, try to use your common sense for some practical questions.
Pert Test Study Guide
- Get conversant with the pert test practice exam
- Take your time to study
- Form a group reading with your peer
- Set objectives and study goals
- Pay for extra classes to learn Math and English
- Ask enroll students questions about the test
- Work on weaknesses, but don’t forget to revise your strength.
- Practice the pert test practice exam.
PERT Math Practice Test
Let’s briefly discuss the mathematical aspects of the Pert test. As we said earlier, the PERT test comprises three sections: writing, mathematics, and reading. and each contains 30 questions. However, the questions come in automatically. That is to say, your next question depends on how you answer the previous question.
In preparing for the pert test in math, you should get used to answering some questions without a calculator. On exam day, you will not be allowed to enter the hall with any electronic device like calculators or phones. But then, a calculator will be given to you by the exam center.
Pert Study Guide for Math
When preparing for pert test math, endeavor to use the pert math practice tests that are online to see how the questions are been structured. Develop a study plan and ensure you ask questions when necessary.
In the pert test math, questions are likely to come from the following topics.
- Changing numbers to percentages.
- You will see the order of operation questions
- Prime numbers
- Coordinate planes
See the best tips on How To Study Math tests.
English Pert Test
This comprises the writing and reading aspects of the test. For the reading section of the English pert test, you will have to answer 30 questions and try to score at least over 100.
Here you will be presented with a short passage that you must read and answer the question that comes from it.
Here are a few things to expect in answering the reading section of the Pert test.
- Tell the difference between subject and object in a sentence.
- Defining certain vocabulary using context clues.
- Figure out the chronology of work, and how the author tries to connect it to each other.
- You may examine his work is constructed, the tones, and diction.
- Interpreting the feeling and attributes of a character in the work.
- Arguing against or in favor of the statement presented to you.
For you to pass this English Pert Test, you need to take advantage of the pert reading practice test online. This will help you get more clues about what to expect in the test.
Pert Practice Test Free
There are so many free resources online for pert practice tests. Check out the pert practice test below and pick the one you’d to use for the exam practice.
- Test prepreviw site
- fldoe exam preparartion questions
- preterminal preparatory quiz
- library guide quiz
- pert test book
- pert test practice questions
We so much believe that you will perform better in your pert test. But you need to put your hands on deck to ensure you get high marks. So first you need to get the pert study guide and start practicing immediately. People also search for GMAT Practice Test.
FAQ on Pert Practice Test
Is pert test difficult?
Pert test isn’t difficult if you prepare well. That’s the importance of pert practice test is important.
What should I expect in the pert math practice test?
Here are the areas of concentration when preparing for pert math test; linear equation, simultaneous equation, binomials, and monomials division, algebraic expressions,
What is the average score for each of the pert test category?
You need to score at least 114 for maths, 106 for writing, and 103 for reading.
Are calculators allowed during pert math test?
Students are not allowed to go into the exam hall with a calculator. You will use the calculator on the screen of your computer during the exam.
What is the full meaning of PERT test?
Pert stands for Postsecondary Education Readiness Test.
Should I take pert test if English Language is not my first or If I'm not fluent in English?
If the English Language is not your first language, there’s a need for you to take an English proficiency exam and ensure you complete the training and the exam.
What exactly should I bring to the PERT test?
You need a valid means of identification, either your national identification card, driver’s license, or passport. Don’t bring any electronic devices like a phone or calculator.