The best approach for people to earn a high school diploma as an adult is to locate and participate in any free online program.
If you don’t have the money or the time to obtain a standard high school education, you can still follow this road. These free online high school diplomas for adults may be for you if you can’t tolerate the uncomfortable sensation of spending an average of 7 hours in a classroom among teenagers.
You likely left high school without or before receiving your high school diploma for a variety of reasons, and you currently require one. Maybe you can require it to fulfill a requirement, land your ideal job, or for any other purpose. You can learn more about free Accredited Online High School Diploma for Adults by reading this article.
Why You Should Enroll in Accredited Online High School for Adults
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2019 persons without a high school diploma made an average weekly wage of $606 while those with a diploma made an average weekly wage of $749. Although obtaining a free online high school diploma for adults won’t make you the richest person, it may enable you to increase your income.
What could you accomplish with a higher income, then? It depends on your demands, but you should be aware that having a little extra cash around might come in handy occasionally.
However, obtaining a high school diploma might open up a lot of new chances if you want to proceed in that direction. And that is a significant advancement.
Despite the fact that there are a lot of options, such as some quick certificate programs, this post is concentrated on providing you with important details about the free online high school diploma for adults.
Accredited online high schools for adults are recommended for the following reasons:
The freedom from having to attend high school during regular hours is for many pupils the main advantage of online learning.
This can be quite beneficial for students who are juggling their high school education with a job or other obligations, whether they are adults or teenagers. Online high schools enable you to attend lessons and study only in the evenings or on specific days.
The ability to learn at your own pace is another advantage of this flexibility.
This is advantageous for both students who like a slower pace and may desire to graduate from high school earlier and pupils who prefer a faster pace. Students who are ill, have a busy travel schedule, or for other reasons are unable to attend a typical high school may also benefit from flexible scheduling.
More class options
Because they are not constrained by a finite number of classrooms or professors as traditional high schools are, online schools frequently provide a greater variety of course selections than traditional ones.
This can help students who want to enroll in particular subjects, such as advanced or AP classes, that are not provided by their regular high school. Even specialties and the option to customize your courses to the topics that interest you most are offered by certain online colleges.
For homeschooled students and their parents who may be considering taking online programs, this is also a significant benefit. You can continue to be home-schooled while receiving the advantages of a well-rounded education by enrolling in an online course to learn about a topic your parent or homeschool teacher isn’t an expert in, like advanced math lessons.
No traditional school environment
Additionally, some students attend virtual high schools because they struggle or perform poorly in traditional settings. This could be a result of issues with peers, issues with learning in a regular classroom setting, or for some other cause.
Fewer distractions are another common benefit of attending an online high school. You don’t have to worry about what to wear, whether your pals are attending the same classes as you, or whether you were invited to that Friday party when you take lessons online.
You may focus solely on learning and performing well in your lessons when you sit down in front of your computer to work on them.
How Much Does it Cost to Enroll in Best Online High School Diploma Programs for Adults?
The monthly cost of enrolment in the adult high school diploma program is $99, whereas that of the regular full-time high school diploma program is $129 per month.
Honors programs and other specialized offerings could have an additional cost. Excel High charges a tuition of $1,290 for each academic year.
Best 20 Free Accredited Online High School Diploma for Adults
Given the current popularity of online learning, it is advisable to carefully confirm the accreditation of the schools you are considering. You can avoid falling into the wrong hands by conducting careful research.
20 list of accredited online high school diplomas for adults is mentioned below.
- Penn Foster
- New Learning Resources Online
- Smart Horizons Career Online High School (COHS)
- The Keystone School
- Excel High School
- James Madison High School Online
- Indiana University High School
- Mizzou Academy
- University Of Mississippi High School
- Park City Independent Online Adult High School
- Texas Success Academy
- Virtual Learning Academy Charter School
- Liberty High School
- Brigham Young University Adult Diploma Program
- Clintondale Virtual School
- Franklin Virtual High School
- Middleton Academy
- Orion High School
- The Whitmore School Adult Diploma Program
- University Of Nebraska High School
1. Penn Foster
Penn Foster is one of the providers of free online high school diplomas for adults.
In Pennsylvania, there is a private school called Penn Foster. Through partnerships with Career Schools, Colleges, and Job Corps programs, it provides a range of programs.
Your tuition for the online high school diploma program can be compensated if you are ultimately accepted by one of their partner institutions.
Penn Foster is accredited by:
- Accrediting Commission for Distance Education (DEAC).
- The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA),
- Cognia, International Accreditors for Continuing Education Training (IACET), and other accreditation and licensing.
2. New Learning Resources Online
With new learning resources online:
- No matter your age, you can take part in the high school diploma program. There is no upper age limit for participation in their programs.
- New learning online resources provide distance learning classes taught by state-licensed instructors & subject-area experts.
- Online learning options that are brand-new to the market also provide open enrollment all year long.
Jackson, Mississippi, has new online learning options.
3. Smart Horizons Career Online High School (COHS)
The advantages of Smart Horizons Career Online High School include:
- A career certificate in addition to a high school diploma from a recognized institution. Their professional credentials demonstrate to companies that they have the qualifications needed for a certain field.
- It is a reputable institution that has received accreditation from Cognia, SACS, NCA, and NWAC.
- They offer extra materials like webinars to help with career preparation.
- You will be allocated an academic coach after enrolling, who will help you navigate the process.
- You can graduate from this online high school more quickly because it accepts transfer credits.
- They also collaborate with libraries across the nation to give free high school programs to adults, and they offer Military discounts to eligible children.
A division of Smart Horizons Career Online Education is Smart Horizons Career Online High School.
4. The Keystone School
You obtain the following benefits from the Keystone Adult Learning Career High School Diploma Program:
- Access to one-on-one guidance from a graduate advisor for the duration of your enrollment.
- A well-organized strategy will enable you to finish two half-credit courses each month.
- You might complete your high school graduation in five months, depending on how many credits you have overall.
- Prior to enrollment, they offer a free transcript evaluation.
- Additionally, they provide endless mastery-based courses that let you retake exams as many times as necessary until you have mastered the subject.
5. Excel High School
Excel High School is listed among the top five accredited Online High School Diploma for Adults. Students at this school receive excellent support from success coaches and highly skilled teachers.
- Unlimited 24/7 online tutoring is available.
- Excel offers full-time six courses per semester in addition to credit transfer options.
- Courses that can be finished in a month.
- Additionally, they provide unlimited courses for a monthly tuition charge of $99.90 for an adult high school diploma.
The Cognia/SASC/Northwest Accrediting Commission has accredited Excel, which has its headquarters in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
6. James Madison High School Online
Offers from James Madison High School Online:
- A customizable monthly pay-as-you-go plan that fits your budget.
- Online enrollment and immediate commencement are also options.
- You are free to learn at your own pace using their program.
- This school offers a general and college prep diploma track along with single courses in an online high school curriculum.
Georgia is their location of them. Cognia, DEAC, and the Council for Higher Accreditation all grant James Madison High School accreditation (CHEA)
7. Indiana University High School
Cognia has accredited Indiana University High School, which is located in Bloomington, Indiana. They provide:
- A handful of self-paced courses with a minimum six-month completion requirement.
- Among other subjects, students may provide math, science, social studies, health education, directed electives, and free electives.
- Additionally, the Indiana University High School provides standard graduation and college readiness pathways.
8. Mizzou Academy
The North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and Cognia both have accredited the Mizzou Academy, which has its headquarters in Columbia, Missouri.
Mizzou Academy possesses:
- There are alternatives for students in elementary school through high school, over 200 courses, and creative co-teaching partnerships.
- Outstanding answers are offered by Mizzou Academy to satisfy the various demands of students, schools, and districts.
- Although they charge $500 for each course, they offer to qualify permanent residents of Missouri and those who have been accepted into the Diploma Program a 50% tuition discount.
9. University of Mississippi High School
Cognia, SACS, NCA, and the National Study of School Evaluation all accredit the University of Mississippi High School, which is located in University, Mississippi (NSSE). With this school;
- Students must earn at least 6.25 credits, which will count toward their high school diploma.
- Additionally, students may offer the following electives and mandatory courses: English Language, Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Business and Technology, Health and Physical Education, and Foreign Languages.
10. ParkCity Independent Online Adult High School
Park City Independent is a fully accredited online high school that accepts both domestic and foreign students from all around the world.
Offerings from Park City Independent:
- Services are offered to students attending public, private, and home schools.
- Additionally, they provide a 30-day money-back guarantee for private pay students who enroll in their program within the first 30 days of doing so.
- You will receive a full tuition refund for the classes you took, minus the application fee and taxes, if their offers did not match your needs.
11. Texas Success Academy
- A high school certificate that may be earned entirely online by adults without any age restrictions.
- The Texas Education Agency, the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools, and Cognia all fully accredit Texas Success Academy.
- Texas Success Academy is situated in Arlington, Texas, and provides flexible scheduling and 1:1 live training. Your diploma can also be put to use in work.
12. Virtual Learning Academy Charter School
We cannot list best accredited Online High School Diploma for Adults without mentioning Virtual Learning Academy Charter School. VLACS provides:
- A flexible and accessible high school graduation program is offered entirely online. This indicates that students can participate in and finish their education online from any location in the world.
- Additionally, their classes are self-paced and created to fit the learning preferences of their students.
- In order to allow students who enroll in VLACS’ high school diploma program to have a more customized learning experience, the school also provides direct instructor contact throughout.
- VLACS offers its courses without cost to students who live in New Hampshire as one of the free online high school degrees for adults.
- For students who want to enroll at VLACS but do not live in New Hampshire, there is a tuition charge.
- With the help of VLACS’s Adult Education program, you can complete high school, get ready for college or the workforce, learn new skills, and pick up a second language.
13. Liberty High School
The Better Business Bureau has given Liberty High School an A+ rating and authorized it by the Vermont State Board of Education.
Their headquarters are in Vermont’s Brattleboro. For its high school diploma, the Vermont State Board of Education typically requires 20 credits. However, the institution offers:
- Full credit will be given for all relevant courses you previously passed. You may save a lot of time and money by doing this. Also:
- To graduate, you must have 20 total credits.
- Four English credits, three math credits, three science credits, and three social studies credits are required from the four core disciplines.
14. Brigham Young University Adult Diploma Program
The Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools and Cognia have both granted accreditation to the private high school BYU Online High School. They provide:
- A full-time, online diploma course offered to students all over the world and in the United States.
- Additionally, they provide financial aid to all enrolled students.
- The institution boasts over 250 courses, licensed teachers, and 145 years of experience and service.
15. Clintondale Virtual School
Clintondale is a Virtual School that offers accredited Online High School Diploma for Adults. The school curriculum include:
- Programs for students and individuals over 22 who want to achieve a high school diploma can be credited.
- Self-paced and flexible programs.
- Low-cost, eight-week online courses.
- Courses are designed with national education requirements as well as courses that give you access to teachers, coaches, and support personnel.
They hold a Cognia accreditation.
16. Franklin Virtual High School
Cognia has granted Franklin Virtual High School accreditation. The school has facility offering the following advantages:
- You can sign up for a course or to study full-time at any time of the year.
- Individual semester, half-credit courses start at just $289, making tuition reasonable.
- Additionally, they offer discounts to military families and siblings.
- No commitments are required; pay as you go.
- They provide models for independent learning. There are more than 200 high school courses that are accredited, or students can enroll full-time.
17. Middleton Academy Accredited Online High School Diploma for Adults
The Middleton Academy is:
- A Woodbridge, Virginia-based, Catapult Learning, Inc.-run high school graduation program that is certified.
- For its diploma program, Middleton Academy is also regionally accredited by Cognia/SACS CASI. SACS/CASI granted initial certification to Middleton Academy.
18. Orion High School
Orion is another school on our list that offers top-notch accredited Online High School Diploma for Adults, based in Midland, Texas, is:
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SAC) and the Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS) (affiliated with Cognia).
- They are accredited as a non-public Texas school by the Texas Private Schools Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC).
- With a flexible open enrollment policy, they provide more than 200-course options.
19. The Whitmore School Adult Diploma Program
Based in Morgantown, West Virginia, this institution has Cognia accreditation.
- There are self-paced courses available.
- Students are expected to complete 6 credits each year on a $1599 payment plan over 12 months.
- As well as rebates of up to $160 for siblings and members of the military.
20. University Of Nebraska High School
Both Cognia and the Nebraska Department of Education have accredited this Lincoln, Nebraska-based institution. They are among the options for the free online high school certificate for adults since they offer self-paced, independent study, and 24/7 access to online courses and resources.
Accredited Online High School Diploma Massachusetts
The student-to-teacher ratio in Massachusetts is 13.6:1, which is almost two fewer than the national average. To guarantee that teachers can provide each student with individualized attention, the state maintains a hard cap of 30 students per classroom. There are 641 high schools in the state overall, 204 of which are private institutions.
The state’s population has a college education rate of 51%, which is substantially higher than the average for all other states. The nation’s top priority is education, and 87.5% of students complete their college degrees. The NAEP math score of 297 is higher than the country’s average score of 283.
The state is home to some of the best universities in the World , like MIT and Harvard University.
Academics have shifted in recent years to favor online high school platforms. Finding a high-quality online high school that can meet your demands has never been more crucial than it is right now because of this change. With public schools and teachers not being adequately equipped, many students have made the switch to online learning.
Maryland students can benefit from finishing high school courses and a high school by attending Excel High School Online for the greatest online high school experience.
Accredited Online High School Diploma Kentucky
The 538 high schools in Kentucky serve the state’s 648,000 students that are currently enrolled in school. There are 443 public schools and 95 private schools in the state, which has the 26th-highest enrolment rate in the country.
By 2030, state education officials want 60% of Kentuckians to hold college degrees, but new data indicates that more students are taking longer than four years to finish a bachelor’s degree program.
The state has an 88.6 percent graduation rate. Students that continue on to college frequently enroll in one of the three major universities in the state: Bellarmine University, University of Louisville, or University of Kentucky.
Academics have been gravitating toward online venues in recent years. Finding a powerful online platform is now more crucial than ever because of this transformation. Many students have been compelled to switch to online learning since their schools and professors were not ready for it.
Alabama students can benefit from completing their high school courses through Excel High School for the best online high school.
Academically, online high school platforms have been more popular recently. Finding a quality online high school that meets your needs for studying is now more crucial than ever because of this development. Inadequate public schools and teachers have forced many pupils to shift to online learning.
Alabama kids can benefit from completing high school credits and a high school by enrolling in Excel High School Online for the best experience in an online high school.
Check out the best tech gadgets every students should own.
The online courses discussed in this article also assist adult education, which is an intriguing aspect. People who are older than the compulsory school age may apply to this program and get a diploma.
These apps offer a number of additional advantages in addition to time management. So enrolling in an online high school diploma program could be a good educational step.
FAQs on Accredited Online High School Diploma for Adults
Yes, individuals can obtain a free online high school diploma. Accredited colleges that provide these courses for free can provide them.
There are many free, full-time online learning options available to students through the Texas Virtual School Network’s Online Schools, including tuition-free online education. For the 2019–2020 academic year, the Texas Virtual Academic Network offered seven full-time online schools. The Texas Virtual School Network also allows students to search for part-time jobs.
The four disciplines that make up the GED test are math, science, social studies, and language arts. Each exam gauges a student’s understanding of subjects taught in a conventional high school classroom, such as algebra, history, and government. In a GED testing facility, exams are completed on computers.
- https://blog.prepscholar.com – why you should enroll in accredited online high schools for adults
- https://jobreaders.org – how much does it cost to enroll in best online high school diploma programs for adults
- https://worldscholarshub.com – best 20 free accredited online high school diplomas for adults
- https://www.excelhighschool.com – accredited online high school diploma Massachusetts
- https://www.excelhighschool.com – accredited online high school Kentucky