Once you secure admission into any college or university, you will be offered a free Edu email address linked to your name. Edu email is a temporary email address constrained to only educational institutions, particularly those in the US.
This article will guide you on how to generate a free edu email and some of the benefits that students with this address enjoy.
What is an Edu Email?
An edu email address is specifically designed for educational institutions. This email address is open, particularly to create a communication platform for students and staff. In addition to a personal email address, the .edu email is common for people as a second email address.
Like other commercial email addresses, the “.edu” email address operates the same way, but it is used for educational purposes. Free .edu email provision is peculiar to the United States, so consider yourself lucky if you are a student of one of the Universities or colleges of the United States.
The edu email format usually has a unique pattern as it normally involves student names as well as institute names. Although, as a student in one of the United States schools, getting the .edu email follows an automated and easy process but same can not be said for students who are not schooling in the United States.
Free edu email generator
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create free edu email
- Create US Address and SSN
- Make your application for the free edu email
- Register for the .edu email account
- Make a unique Password
- Log in to your .edu email
To get a free .edu email, below are the Prerequisite to follow
- SSN(Social Security Number)
- US ADDRESS
- US IDENTITY
Requesting a .edu email address is one of the most demanding and difficult tasks in the process, however, we have made available a step-by-step guide to help you register with ease.
Step #1. Create a US Address and SSN
As a United States of America resident, the first thing you need to create a free college email address is a residential address.
To attain this goal, you will simply search for any random address generator on Google. After you are done with the process, you will receive an SSN with an address.
Step #2. Make your application for the free edu email
Upon generating the address and SSN, the next step is to apply for the college email address free. Now here comes the complicated part. However, you have nothing to worry about as we have you covered. We have explained in detail what to expect on each page when registering for edu emails.
Visit the link- https://home.cccapply.org
Once you’re redirected to the page, click “Create an Account”
Pick a college and click apply
Ensure you fill in the following details:
- Your first and last mail
- Real .edu email
- Date of birth
- Active mobile number
- Current address, the City- State.
- Information about High school (You can pick any school you wish)
- Year of graduating from High school
- Educational goals (Select any option you wish)
- Information on enrollment:
-Field of Interest
Pick any of the options from the list provided above.
- Account Information
The second page contains even more vital questions that you must fill in order to be able to proceed to the next page.
- Name recognized by law (Enter the name gotten from a fake name-generating site)
- Other names (leave blank)
- Address and phone number (Enter the same thing as the one you entered on the previous page)
- When did you move to your current place of residence (input date of birth)
- Residing country(pick any)
- Email Address( input the same as the one on the first page)
- US Social Security Number
- Citizenship Status (Choose Yes)
- Birth Date (The same as the first page)
- Ethnicity Background (Leave empty)
- Race (Choose as you wish)
- Military status (pick Yes or No)
- Emergency contact (Leave blank)
- Additional Information
- Mother’s educational level
- Father’s educational level
- Student employee status( indicate if employed or not)
- Is English your only language (Pick yes or no)
Once you’re done with the second page, click on “Save” and “Continue”
- The last school attended ( Click “add School” in order to enter the school name in line with your state code.)
- Append your state name the same as your address, choose the country United States of America then click search.
- Pick a school from the ones on the options given
- Leave “other information” blank
- Date earned (Enter a date)
- College info (Choose No)
Click “Save” and “Continue”
- Tell us about your educational goals. (Choose: I plan to earn an associate college degree)
- Choose your interest field (pick any option)
- Select your degree/certificate (pick any option)
- Choose your term of Academy (Pick fall)
Having done all click “Save” and “Continue”
- Have you been disciplined for misconduct in the past four years? (Pick No)
- Do well to input every answer to the appropriate questions.
Input your name (the same way it was written previously)
Click “Save” and “Continue”
Step #3. Register for the .edu email account- Edu email sign-in
Once you are done inputting significant information, it usually takes 1 to 2 working days to activate your account.
Immediately after the email is activated, you will find your email address with no spaces in this format:” Firstemail@example.com”
Step #4. Make a unique Password
Next is to generate a password. Type in a distinct 8-digit password for your account that is easy for you to remember at any given time. However, if you registered your account before April 3rd, 2011, you would have a 6-digit password instead.
Step #5. Log in to your .edu email
Having done all, visit “https://mail.student.yourinstitutename.edu/” after which you will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to input your password. Type in the password you created earlier, and that is it. You have logged in to your free student email.
Upon successful login, congratulations! You now have a free college email address.
However, if you forget things easily, it is advisable to add another security option, probably ‘your best meal’.
Benefits of Having a . Edu Email Address
Below are some of the advantages students with a free .edu email enjoy.
- Apple student iPhone discount
- Spotify student account
- New York Times account
- Free Amazon Prime account (180 days)
- Microsoft Office 365 student edition for free
- Enjoy Adobe Creative Cloud
- GitHub developer student account
As a student residing in the United States, you will definitely need the .edu email. If you’re yet to get an edu email, ensure you register and get yours so as to enable you to enjoy the benefits other students are enjoying.
Where do I login my .edu email?
Usually, a popular email website but most times, the educational institute has a personal portal for login.
Are .edu emails free?
Yes. As a college student schooling in the United States, you are entitled to a free .edu mail which will be provided to you by the school.
What is an SSN?
A Social Security Number (SSN) is one of the requirements to open an edu mail. The SSN is a citizen identifier number given to citizens in the United States.
How do I create a .edu email?
- Visit the link: https://home.cccapply.org
- Follow the instructions as given in the post above.