Are you searching for “how to get a free .edu email in 2022”? you are definitely at the right place.
This article will give you the information you need with regards to creating a .edu email address and how to access the free edu email generator. Additionally, this piece will also expose you to some of the benefits students with the .edu email address enjoy.
As a new student in a higher education institution, there’s a high tendency that you would be offered a college email address that contains a .edu extension under your name. Edu email is a temporary email address constrained to only educational institutions particularly the ones in the US. Let’s look at the details!
What is .Edu Email?
The .edu email address is specifically designed for educational institutions. This email address is open particularly to create a communication platform for students and staff. In addition to a personal email address, the .edu email is common for people as a second email address.
Like other commercial email addresses, the “.edu” email address operates the same way, but it is used for educational purposes. Free .edu email provision is peculiar to the United States, so consider yourself lucky if you are a student of one of the Universities or colleges of the united state.
The .edu email format usually has a unique pattern as it normally involves student names as well as institute names. Although, as a student in one of the United States schools, getting the .edu email follows an automated and easy process but same can not be said for students that are not schooling in the United States.
Students also search for How To Write an Award Winning Scholarship Motivation Letter
How to get a free edu email | Free edu email generator
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create edu email
- Create US Address and SSN
- Make your application for the free edu email
- Register for the .edu email account
- Make a unique Password
- Step #5. Log in to your .edu email
To get a free .edu email, below are the Prerequisite to follow
- SSN(Social Security Number)
- US ADDRESS
- US IDENTITY
Requesting a .edu email address is one of the most demanding and difficult tasks in the process, however, we have made available a step-by-step guide to help you register with ease.
Step #1. Create US Address and SSN
As a United States of America resident, the first thing you need to create a free college email address is a residential address.
To attain this goal, you will simply search for any random address generator on google. After you are done with the process, you will receive an SSN with an address.
Step #2. Make your application for the free edu email
Upon generating the address and SSN, the next step is to apply for the college email address free. Now here comes the complicated part. However, you have nothing to worry about as we have you covered. We have explained in detail what to expect on each page when registering for edu emails.
Visit the link- https://home.cccapply.org
Once you’re redirected to the page, click “Create an Account”
Pick a college and click apply
Ensure you fill in the following details:
- Your first and last mail
- Real .edu email
- Date of birth
- Active mobile number
- Current address, the City- State.
- Information about High school (You can pick any school you wish)
- Year of graduating from High school
- Educational goals (Select any option you wish)
- Information on enrollment:
-Field of Interest
Pick any of the options from the list provided above.
- Account Information
The second page contains even more vital questions that you must fill in order to be able to proceed to the next page.
- Name recognized by law (Enter the name gotten from a fake name generating site)
- Other names (leave blank)
- Address and phone number (Enter the same thing as the one you entered on the previous page)
- When did you move to your current place of residence (input date of birth)
- Residing country(pick any)
- Email Address( input the same as the one on the first page)
- US Social Security Number
- Citizenship Status (Choose Yes)
- Birth Date (The same as first page)
- Ethnicity Background (Leave empty)
- Race (Choose as you wish)
- Military status (pick Yes or No)
- Emergency contact (Leave blank)
- Additional Information
- Mother’s educational level
- Father’s educational level
- Student employee status( indicate if employed or not)
- Is English your only language (pick yes or no)
Having filled these on the second page, click on “Save” and “Continue”
- The last school attended ( Click “add School” in order to enter the school name in line with your state code.)
- Append your state name the same as your address, choose the country United States of America then click search.
- Pick a school from the ones on the options given
- Leave “other information” blank
- Date earned (Enter a date)
- College info (Choose No)
Click “Save” and “Continue”
- Tell us about your educational goals? (Choose: I plan to earn an associate college degree)
- Choose your interest field (pick any option)
- Select your degree/certificate (pick any option)
- Choose your term of Academy (Pick fall)
Having done all click “Save” and “Continue”
- Have you been disciplined for misconduct in the past four years? (Pick No)
- Do well to input every answer to the appropriate questions.
Input your name (the same way it was written previously)
Click “Save” and “Continue”
Step #3. Register for the .edu email account- Edu email sign in
Once you are done inputting significant information, it usually takes 1 to 2 working days to activate your account.
Immediately the email is activated, you will find your email address with no spaces in this format:” Firstfirstname.lastname@example.org”
Step #4. Make a unique Password
The next thing to do is the password. Create a distinct 8 digit password for your account which is easy for you to remember at any given time. However, if you registered your account before April 3rd, 2011, you would have a 6 digit password instead.
Step #5. Log in to your .edu email
Having done all, visit “https://mail.student.yourinstitutename.edu/” after which you will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to input your password. Type in the password you created earlier and that is it, you have logged in to your free student email.
Upon successful login, congratulations you now have a free college email address.
However, if you forget things easily it is advisable you add another security option probably ‘your best meal’.
Benefits Of Having a . Edu Email address
Below are some of the advantages students with a free .edu email enjoy.
- Apple student Iphone discount
- Spotify account
- New York times account
- Free Amazon Prime account (180 days)
- Microsoft Office 365 student edition for free
- Enjoy adobe creative cloud
- Github developer student account
As a student residing in the United States, you will definitely need the .edu email. Even if you don’t think you need it for your work, you will definitely need it for all the benefit that comes with having free .edu email.
So as a student that is yet to get an edu email, ensure you register and get yours so as to enable enjoy the benefits other students are enjoying.
Frequently Asked Questions on Free .edu Email
Where do I login my .edu email?
Usually, a popular email website but most times, the educational institute has a personal portal for login.
Are edu emails free?
Yes. As a college student schooling in the United States, you are entitled to a free .edu mail which will be provided to you by the school.
What is an SSN?
A Social Security Number (SSN) is one of the requirements to open an edu mail. The SSN is a citizen identifier number given to citizens in the United State.
How do I create a .edu email?
- Visit the link: https://home.cccapply.org
- Follow the instructions as given in the post above.
- ascholarship– Guide to create .edu email account
- Worldscholarshipforum– How to create a .edu email account
- Worldstudyportal– How to create a .edu account
You Might Also be Interested In
- Cheapest Colleges in Canada For International Students| Universities In Canada
- Study Strategies: Top 20 Study Hacks Every Student Should Adopt
- Top Study Abroad Scholarships