A student’s life should be loved. Youtube TV Student Discount allows students to watch their favourite YouTube videos without spending a fortune.
In this article, we’ll go over how to get a student discount on YouTube TV the same way you could get a Netflix Students Discount.
Understanding YouTube TV?
YouTube is a website dedicated to video sharing. Millions of users from all over the world have created accounts on the site, allowing them to upload videos that anyone can view. More than 35 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute of every day.
Video files can be very large and are frequently too large to send via email to another person. You can share a video on YouTube simply by sending the other person a URL ‘link’ – that is, the ‘address’ of the relevant internet page.
YouTube was founded in 2005 to allow users to post and share original video content.
However, it has since evolved into both an archive for storing favourite clips, songs, and jokes, as well as a marketing site for businesses to promote their products.
The term “viral video” is now widely used. This refers to a video clip that people liked so much that they sent the link to millions of others around the world via email – in effect, it spread like a virus. Companies have recognized that they can use this ability to reach out to potential customers and have set up their own YouTube accounts and other platforms like Hulu to post advertisements and other marketing videos.
Film and television studios keep tight control over their content and prevent illegal sharing of their shows.
YouTube student membership
If you’re a student, you might be able to get a cheaper YouTube paid membership.
Eligibility for YouTube Student Membership
To sign up for a YouTube student membership, you must do the following:
Be enrolled as a student at a higher education institution that offers YouTube student memberships and has been approved by SheerID. SheerID determines the institution’s eligibility.
To see if your school has student plans, do the following:
- Navigate to the YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium Student Plan landing page.
- Select Try it for free.
- Fill out the SheerID form with your school information. Student plans are available if your school appears.
- SheerID will verify your status as a student. Email SheerID at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the verification process.
If you meet all of the membership requirements, you will be eligible for up to four years of student membership. Every year, you will be required to re-verify your eligibility.
Why Should You Create a YouTube Account as a Student?
The sheer number of videos available on YouTube is one of the reasons it is so popular. 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, so there’s always something new to watch! YouTube also has a large selection of videos.
Another factor that contributes to YouTube’s popularity is that it is entirely based on user-generated content. Instead of videos from major TV networks and film studios, you’ll find incredible and creative videos made by people just like you. And YouTube isn’t a one-way street; you can participate by recording and sharing your videos and becoming a part of the community.
How to Get Started With Watching Videos On YouTube as a student
You can watch YouTube videos in a variety of ways. Among these methods are:
- Traversing to YouTube.com and watching or searching for a suggested video.
- Downloading the YouTube mobile app for iOS or Android and viewing or searching for a proposed video.
- Watching a YouTube video that was integrated in a social media post (like Facebook or Twitter).
- Viewing a YouTube video embedded in a web page or blog post.
- Viewing a YouTube video by following a link to a video shared via email, text message, social media, or another method.
Youtube TV Student Discount
Youtube TV offers a student discount. Nonetheless, the YouTube Student Membership options are limited to a YouTube Premium or a YouTube Music Premium, and the YouTube TV student discount is no longer available.
However, while watching YouTube TV on up to three biases at the same time, you can produce a reduction after the trial in a novel way.
If the libraries of Spotify or Amazon Music aren’t enough for you, you’ll also have unlimited access to YouTube Music.
YouTube TV goes above and beyond the average streaming service by including a pall grounded DVR.
This implies that you might record and store as much live tv as you want for the next nine months! The pall grounded model implies that you are not limited by space, but rather by a very reasonable time frame.
YouTube TV intends to compete with streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and others to replace traditional cable or satellite companies.
Because of the bias, you’ll enjoy the services on, YouTube TV’s list of channels continues to grow over time.
So far, it is compatible with smart TVs, streaming media players like Chromecast and Apple TV, Xbox gaming consoles, smartphones and tablets, Android bias, and other devices.
YouTube TV supports three biases at the same time and has six different accounts on a single service.
How to Get a Youtube TV Student Discount Through a Free Trial
As already noted, You can sign up for YouTube TV with an Android device, a computer, an iPad, or an iPhone. In this post, we will show you how to sign up using a computer.
- To sign up, open a web browser and navigate to tv.YouTube.com.
- Then, to begin a free trial, click the button.
- Then, sign in using your Google account.
- Next, confirm your home address. Entering your zip code at home. (Use your device’s location permission to confirm.) Take note that this information will allow you to connect to the correct local network.
- Then you can personalize your membership. By reviewing the networks that have been added to your YouTube membership. You will also see the membership cost and the billing date. So, click the next button to proceed to the next step.
- If you want, you can add additional premium networks. To do so, click on the circle icon next to a network and then continue when you’re finished.
- Following that, confirm your credit card to receive a YouTube tv student discount via a free trial.
How to Find Videos to Watch on YouTube with Youtube TV Student Discount
You can find what you want to watch on YouTube with a Youtube TV student discount in a variety of ways.
You can do the following on the YouTube platform:
- Enter a keyword or phrase in the search field to find videos.
- Discover videos by topic and category.
- Filter the results based on the date and popularity.
- Go to the Trending Topics section.
- View the music video chart rankings.
- View or subscribe to the Popular channel on YouTube.
- To see related videos, look for the Up Next videos on the side (web) or bottom (app) of any video page.
Engage with YouTube Videos using Youtube TV Student Discount
If you like a video, you’ll see several options below the video player. You may:
- Give the video a thumbs up or a thumbs down based on how much you like it.
- Leave a comment.
- Reply to another user’s comment.
- Like another user’s comment.
YouTube Services available with Youtube TV Student Discount
YouTube’s basic video platform has been expanded to include a variety of other forms of video entertainment and interactivity which you can benefit from with your Youtube TV student discount. These are some examples:
- YouTube Premium:
Formerly known as YouTube Red is a subscription service that provides an ad-free viewing experience across all of YouTube, including all videos, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming.
- YouTube Movies & Shows:
For a small rent or purchase fee, you can legally watch the most recent shows and movies on YouTube.
- YouTube Music Premium:
Listen to music on YouTube without ads, when your screen is turned off, and when you are not connected to the internet.
- YouTube Gaming:
Take advantage of both live and on-demand video gaming content.
YouTube Live: Broadcast yourself live on YouTube.
What Is Included in the YouTube Premium Student Discount?
Students receive a one-month free trial and pay roughly half of the monthly subscription fee. The membership has the same benefits as a regular membership. Members have access to YouTube and YouTube Music Premium, as well as ad-free videos and music, video and music downloads for offline viewing and listening, and the ability to play videos in the background while using other apps or when your screen is locked.
What is the cost of YouTube student membership?
Students pay $6.99 per month for unlimited streaming. Once this is completed, students will be able to watch YouTube and YouTube Music ad-free offline and in the background.
How can i create the YouTube Premium Student Discount
To confirm eligibility, YouTube employs a service called SheerID. Go to the student membership landing page for YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium to see if your school is included.