India is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, with sights that are not available anywhere else. It’s a place where you may witness individuals of many ethnicities coexisting in the same country.
A country where different types of study and education can be done at a reasonable cost.
A prominent medical destination for those suffering from a variety of ailments.
If you travel to India for medical treatment, you will be able to receive the best care at a lower cost than in most industrialized countries. A place to do business and make relationships.
A resource center for experts in the field of information technology. A place where you can live and find affordable or luxury housing depending on your needs. A workplace where the worker’s take-home salary is good.
Regardless of the matter of why you’re visiting India, there’s one thing that all visitors have in common that is an Indian visa. Read on to learn about the best tips on how to get an India visa.
India Visa application requirement
- Duly filled and signed application form.
- Recent passport size photographs (the background and specifications might vary, depending on the visa applied for).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Valid passport (copy and in original).
- Copy of medical reports (in case of Medical visa).
- Letter from local sponsor.
- Proof of Indian origin/connections (if applying for Entry/X Visa).
- Copy of previous visa (if applicable).
What Are The Different Types Of India Visas Offered?
Here are the various visa types available in India :
- Tourist Visa
- Employment Visa
- Entry Visa
- Student Visa
- Medical visa
When it comes to visiting India, this is probably the most common visa because It allows a person to travel around the country as a tourist or meet up with friends or family. It’s great for someone who wants to spend a short amount of time traveling across the country. This visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 6 months at a time, with no re-entry for 2 months.
Foreigners who have been offered a job in India can apply for this visa. A job could be a full-time position, a volunteer position (for NGOs only), or a paid internship. A variety of restrictions apply to this visa.
An entry visa is a special visa that is granted to people of Indian heritage, their children/spouses, or anyone who are not qualified for any other visa. It confers certain benefits to those who possess it but only in exceptional circumstances.
This visa is granted to students who intend to study in India on a recognized program. The validity of the certificate is determined by the length of the course and is designed to ensure that students who wish to use the Indian educational system have a smooth transition.
Individuals seeking medical treatment in India are increasingly choosing this alternative. As a result of India’s economical healthcare system and medical advancements, a growing number of foreigners are seeking medical treatment in the country.
How to Apply for India Visa- Expert guide
Here are the step by step guide for applying for an India visa in 2021
- Choose the type of visa you want to apply for.
- Check your eligibility
- Fill out the online application form with all of the necessary information.
- Finally, visit embassy for a visa interview with all essential documents.
#1. Choose the type of visa you want to apply for
Read about the type of Indian Visas to determine your visa type. The qualifications and application elements for each visa class are explained in detail. Select the visa type that best fits your needs. Check out the Visa Waiver Program as well. If your nation is a member of the Visa Waiver Program, you will not need to apply for a visa if you are visiting India for business or pleasure and will be staying for 90 days or less.
#2. Check your eligibility
You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa. You must:
To be eligible, you must be in excellent health and have no criminal or immigration-related convictions. Convince an immigration officer that you have ties to your home country, such as a job, a home, financial assets, or family, that will allow you to return. convince an immigration official that you will leave India at the end of your visit and that you have sufficient funds to cover your expenses.
#3. Fill out the online application form with all of the necessary information.
The next step is to complete the India Visa application form. Be sure to read the Guidelines for Completing the Application Form carefully. All information must be correct and accurate. Once the form is submitted, you cannot make any changes. If you need assistance, please consult an immigration lawyer or translator.
If you choose the manual route, you must download the application form and send it to the relevant consulate of a country, if one is available. It’s possible that not all countries will accept visa applications submitted by mail.
#4. Visit the embassy for interview
Visit the India Embassy on the date and time of your visa interview. Be sure to check your appointment page for the necessary documentation needed for your appointment.
However, If your visa is approved, the visa will be sent to the document drop-off location you selected when you scheduled your appointment.
Indian visa application fee
The processing fee for an application is non-refundable. Citizens of some countries are exempt from paying the charge, depending on diplomatic ties between the two countries.
In addition to the Consular fee, approved agencies may charge a service fee for processing an application.
How to Pay for India visa
Individuals have the option of paying using credit cards or a money order (depending on the country they are applying in).
Indian e visa application guide
- This application form is meant for those foreigners who are applying for visa from outside India
- Each online application form is meant for one person only. Separate application has to be filed for each applicant.
- Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the forms, especially the names, address and date of birth.
- Applicants are required to verify the application details before submitting the online application.
- Once the online application form is submitted by the applicant, then further modifications are not allowed.
Steps to Apply for a Visa Online
For the online visa application process, the applicant must provide the following information:
- Country you are applying visa from – The applicant needs to indicate the country that he/she is applying from
- Indian Mission – Select the appropriate Indian Mission/Post applicable to your location
- Nationality – Choose the nationality
- Re-enter Email ID – Verify the email ID to avoid errors
- Visa Type – Based on the nature of the travel, the applicant must indicate the types of visa he/she is applying for.
Consider These Factors Before Applying for an Indian Visa
- Applicants can apply for a visa under single-entry or multiple-entry programs.
- The e-Tourist, e-Business, and e-Medical visa categories all allow for e-visas.
- The photo must adhere to the specified parameters.
- From the date of entry into India, the e-visa will be valid for 60 days.
Indian visa application status
Applicants who want to track the status of their visa application can do so by following these steps:
Application for a Regular Visa:
- Visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/StatusEnquiry for further information.
- Enter 12 digits for the Application ID and Passport Number (the visa status can also be obtained with the passport number)
Application for an e-Visa :
- Enter 12 characters at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/StatusEnquiry Date of Birth
- Indicate your nationality.
- Captcha verification
- Check Status e-Visa-only advanced search
India Visa Application Form
Fortunately, with English as the de facto lingua franca in India, people seeking tourist and business visas are less likely to face language barriers. Even short-term tourists from the United States must apply for an Indian visa.
Indian visa application us
If you’re applying for an Indian visa in the USA, make sure to follow the criteria to prevent being turned down.
Although the online application is very simple, there are a few places where applicants may have difficulty. If this occurs, contact one of our travel experts or visit the Indian visa application center.
Immigration demands some personal information, like religion, education, and visible identity markings (moles, tattoos, scars, etc).
Requirements for Indian Visa Application for US Citizens
The following are some of the visa requirements for an Indian Visa Application for US Citizens.
- A valid U.S. passport with two blank visa pages and at least 6 months validity beyond the application date is required.
- 1 recent color passport photo (about 2×2 inch) on glossy photo paper showing a full frontal view of the applicant’s face against a white background
- evidence of a trip to India (a computer-generated itinerary is acceptable)
- evidence of residency (a legible color copy of a driver’s license or other state-issued identification card or
- If you’ve recently moved, a copy of your most recent utility bill)
- a completed application for a visa to visit India
- Payment of the India visa fee
How Long Does It Take For A Visa Application To Be Processed?
The applicant’s country of origin, the purpose of visit, financial background, supporting documentation, and other factors all play a role in deciding how long it takes to process an application.
Individuals from countries with which India has cordial relations may have their applications processed more quickly than those from countries with which India has strained relations.
- bankbazaar.com– Online Indian Visa Application
- Indiavisaonline.gov.in – Government of India
- US-passport-service-guide.com– India Visa Guide