Are you a citizen of India seeking funds for your studies abroad?
It will interest you to know that many top organizations owned by the Government of India and also other international bodies as well as private organizations offer scholarships for Indian students to study in India and other international universities.
In as much as India is a country that encourages the education of its youth, there is also a high level of school dropouts this is due to the fact that most of the students in India lack the financial capability to further their studies immediately after their secondary school education, however, most of the students are unaware of the fact that they can fund education expense by gaining a scholarship which can be an international or local scholarship.
This article promises to expose you to the various scholarships for Indian students to study abroad.
How To Get Scholarship In India
As a student, getting a scholarship requires you to make several applications for various scholarship opportunities. Consistency is the key distinguishing factor that determines if you would get the scholarship or not notwithstanding, there are a lot of stores of people getting scholarships after applying just once for a scholarship program.
As an Indian student, here is a carefully laid down procedure on how you can get a scholarship.
Applicants who wish to apply for scholarships can make an application either through a scholarship online platform or using an offline platform.
Online Step-by-Step Guide For Indian Students To Apply For Scholarships
If you are an Indian student that has resolved to make scholarship applications using the online platform online should follow these steps.
- #1. Log in to the official scholarship website: Applicants should navigate through the official website of the organization sponsoring the scholarship and get the authentic link of the Scholarship.
- #2. Select the scholarship link in order to access the scholarship page.
- #3. Read through the eligibility criteria to determine if you are qualified for the scholarship.
- #4. Hain determined your eligibility status and has found out you are eligible, Being your registration process.
- #5. In most cases, you would be given an online scholarship form to fill, ensure you fill the form completely however, in some other cases you would be asked to download the form as a PDF file and upload it after filling.
- #6. Upload all documents required for the scholarship. Different scholarships would require that you upload certain documents, this is why it is important to read through the requirement for the scholarship before even attempting to apply so as to know the necessary documents needed for that particular scholarship.
- #7. Lastly, upon completion of filling the application form, and uploading the required documents you are to submit the form and make a hard copy printout as evidence that you actually applied for the scholarship.
Are you Interested in Canadian universities? If Yes, check our article on Top 15 Universities In Canada: Best Canadian Universities Rankings
Making Scholarship Application Offline
If as an aspirant you prefer to make your application using the offline pattern then follow these simple procedures.
- firstly, you would need to et the scholarship form from the university you seek its scholarship.
- Endeavor to fill the application form properly and provide the correct details of yourself and educational qualifications.
- Attach copies of all documents that are requested in the application form such as school certificate, birth certificate, etc…
- Lastly, package the document in an envelope and submit it by hand to the appropriate address, or by post depending on which is more convenient for you.
USA Scholarships for Indian students
Below are scholarships for Indian students in USA
- Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- AEF Scholarship
- Fullbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Gunvant and Bharati Parekh College Scholarship Award
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
#1. Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship
The fellowship was formed in honor of Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala who was a graduate of Chicago University Booth School of business in 1952. This scholarship makes provision for tuition support for Booth’s full-time MBA.
- Number of Scholarships: 2
- Scholarship Amount: USD 25,000
#2. The Indian Trust Fellowship
This fellowship provides students with a certain amount of money to be able to pay for tuition fees as the students look forward to obtaining a full-time MBA at the Chicago University Booth School of Business.
- Number of Scholarships: 2
- Scholarship Amount: USD 10,000
#3. AEF Scholarship
Ascend Educational Fund(AEF) Scholarship is targeted at immigrant students without putting into any form of consideration their nationality, ethnicity, and immigration status. However, the student must be a graduating senior of a high school in New York City.
- Scholarship Amount: USD 20,000
#4. Fullbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship
As an outstanding Indian student, and seeking to pursue your master’s, then the Fullbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship is just right for you. In addition, the scholarship is offered to various areas of studies Higher Education Administration, International Legal Studies, Arts and Culture Management, and many others.
The scholarship comes with a lot of benefits such as study visa support, tuition support, and cover for other living-related costs.
#5. American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The American University Emerging Global Leader (AU EGL) Scholarship is offered to students that perform highly to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in the US. Additionally, the scholarships are provided to students who are true to social and civic activities.
- Scholarship Amount: Approximately 4,000 USD Per year
#6. Gunvant and Bharati Parekh College Scholarship Award
Are you a high school senior or a college student? if you are either of the two questions then you might be qualified for the Gunvant and Bharati Parekh College Scholarship Award. In addition, to et this scholarship you must have high personal and academic skills as well as be of Indian origin.
- Number of Scholarships: 2
- Scholarship Amount: USD 1,000
#7. Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
The Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships were created by the integration of Reliance Industries along with Stanford GSB. Additionally, this fellowship is offered yearly to 5 Indian students who are leading a positive change.
- Number of Scholarships: 5
Scholarship For Indian Students To Study In Canada
There are so many Scholarships for Indian students, however, in this part of the article, we will be bringing it to your notice. Also, Among the foreign scholarships for Indian students, below is a list of Canadian Indian student scholarships.
| Vanier Canada Graduate|
for three consecutive
|University British Columbia (UBC) |
|Lester B. Pearson International|
|Ontario Trillium Scholarship||$40,000||Website|
Scholarships for Indian Students To Study In UK
Below is a list of the scholarships for Indian students in the United Kingdom (UK). For more information about any of the scholarships, you can tap or click on it.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships
- British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships (CWIT)
- A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship
- Scotland Saltire Scholarships
- Sir Ratan Tata Scholarships
- GREAT Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarships
Undergraduate Scholarship For Indian Students In Germany
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Scholarships
- Einstein International Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Deutschland Stipendium
- DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) Scholarships
Scholarships For Indian Students To Study In India
- AICTE Scholarships
- Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship
- Prime Minister Fellowship for Doctoral Research
- Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship
There are so many scholarship opportunities available to you as an Indian student. Additionally, these scholarships are not just limited to India but across most top countries around the world. however, you must ensure you meet all requirements for the scholarship you wish to apply for as most international scholarships tend to be more demanding. Learn about Indian Visa Application
- Worldscholarshipforum– How To get Scholarship For Indian Students
- Stilt– Scholarships For Indian Students
- GlobalOpportunities– Scholarships For Indian Students In Germany