University of Victoria acceptance rate is 63%. University of Victoria is one of the best universities in Canada.
So, if you want to pursue your career in Canada, read on because the University of Victoria is a good choice to study.
Moreover, studying in Victoria gives you an upper edge over your colleague because you stand the chance of getting a high-paying job just immediately after your graduation.
Therefore, this article will open your eyes to why you should get a degree in the University of Victoria, the University of Victoria acceptance rate, admission requirements, and lots more.
Why study at the University of Victoria Canada?
University of Victoria is a powerful fusion of dynamic learning, vital research impact, and Canada’s most extraordinary academic environment for discovery and innovation that cannot be found anywhere else.
Over the years, the school has soared to stardom, making it have an edge over every other university in Canada for its great accomplishment
Also, University of Victoria is one of the country’s leading research-intensive universities, offering life-changing, hands-on learning experiences on the edge of the fantastic BC coast.
Moreover, faculty, staff, and students make a vital difference on issues that matter to people, places, and the planet.
The school is always North America’s top university for published studies on international affiliations
Equally important, University of Victoria students have great opportunities to apply what they learn in the classroom in communities around the globe, while preparing for fulfilling careers in their fields.
In addition, there is a 90% chance of getting a job after your graduation. Color it intrigue! It is. The joy of pursuing your career and rising to stardom.
University of victoria admissions
Enrollment at the institute depends upon several factors and submitting a score minimum of 80 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS is a part of standardized tests in Canada.
Moreover, you have a 60% chance of gaining admission If you have a track record of academic excellence.
Subsequently, the remaining 40% depends on your personality and other criteria which include; extra-curricular activities, well-written personal statements, management and leadership capabilities, etc.
However, the process initially can be a little strenuous, the fact that a degree from the institute can help you land one of the high-paying jobs in Canada makes it a worthwhile pursuit.
THINGS TO NOTE AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
- Application Fee is 132 CAD for undergraduate admissions
- English language proficiency accepted tests is TOEFL/ IELTS or equivalent
- TOEFL minimum score is 90
- GMAT/GRE is Mandatory for some programs
- Application Season: September (several intakes round the year)
- Employment rate: Over 90%
- Financial Aid for International Students is available as Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- Work-study is also Available both on- and off-campus
- Students’ Helpline
- Tel: 250-721-8121; Fax: 250-721-6225
As an international student aspiring to study in UV, learning a second language will boost your chances of getting admission.
University of Victoria Admission Deadlines
The University of Victoria mainly invites applications for September Entry.
However, it also offers admission to some degree programs in January and Summer semesters. The deadlines for UG and PG courses are listed below
- UG Deadline for Fall: January 31
- PG Deadline-February 1
- LlWinter – Closed June 1
- Summer- March 31
University of Victoria Admission Process:
- Check the basic and program-specific admission requirements of the course you are interested in.
- International candidates also have to fulfill certain English language and country-specific requirements which shall also be noted before applying.
- The deadline for an array of courses available at the institute varies and thus should be taken into account. In addition, Check the season of intake and availability of space in the program you are hoping to enroll in.
- Once you have ensured all the above-mentioned steps, start the application process by adding uvic.ca as a safe sender to receive timely updates which shall be notified to you via email.
- Thereafter, Start an online application by creating an account and providing your academic plus personal history.
- Subsequently, you must submit the completed application along with an application fee to be paid via a credit card and,
- wait for a confirmation email with your nine digit student number from the university which shall be received within 2 business days of sending in an application.
- Also provide all the necessary documents including your transcripts, language scores, etc. and wait for an offer of a place.
- While you are waiting for a response regarding your admission,
- start applying for housing and scholarships as they usually fill in early and are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Once you receive your letter of acceptance, pay the required amount of tuition fee and apply for a permit and visa in order to ensure your enrollment with the university.
The institute requires international applicants from around the globe to fulfill certain requirements which vary depending upon their respective nationalities.
Below is the list of Some of the Asian countries with their corresponding specifications
- India– Higher Secondary Certificate (Class XII)
- Nepal– Proficiency Certificate awarded by Tribhuvan University
- Bhutan – Indian School Certificate (Class XII)
- Myanmar– One year of postsecondary studies at a recognized university
- Sri Lanka– Sri Lankan Advanced Level Examinations (in 4 subjects)
- Afghanistan– One year of postsecondary studies at a recognized university
- Malaysia– Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM); MICSS Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
The medium of instruction at the university is primarily English, hence, the organization requires that its international applicants provide sufficient proof of their English language skills.
However, Students can provide any one of the below-mentioned tests as acceptable proof of their language capabilities.
- TOEFL – IBT 90 (no section less than 20)
- TOFEL – PBT 575
- IELTS – 6.5 (no component less than 6.0)
- MELAB- 90
- CAEL- 70 (no section less <k
- LPI- Level 6
CANADA VISA FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
After receiving the acceptance letter from the university, you need to apply for a valid study permit and visa to study in Canada.
Candidates can also obtain a permit from the nearest Canadian Embassy or with the help of a consultant.
It is however important that students apply for the visa at the earliest since the process can take up to months.
Equally important, to obtain a study permit and temporary visa permit, you must provide the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Application fee ( billed in CAD)
- Acceptance letter from the institute
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Medical examination
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
The University of Victoria offers more than 100 undergraduate programs in various fields.
Also, The selection of an apt program that suits the applicant’s interests is very important.
Moreover, applicants will be informed of a checklist of tasks to be completed after the initial application has been received.
Where to Apply: Apply Online at the official website
Application Fee: Fee if all transcripts come from institutions within Canada: $81.00
Fee if any transcripts come from institutions outside Canada: $142.00
- Complete application
- Official high school/ college transcripts
- Interim grades (required if applicants are still studying in a high school)
- English Proficiency Test Scores (for international students)
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA GRADUATE ADMISSIONS
Admission Portal: Apply online at the official website.
Application Fee: Application fee if all documents originate within Canada: $131.50
Application fee if any documents originate outside Canada: $169.00.
The application deadline for admission at the University of Victoria is usually 3 months prior to the start of the term.
However, International aspirants are highly encouraged to send in their entries 9 months in advance to allow sufficient time for obtaining a study permit.
Also, the application process usually slows down during peak time when the volume of entries received increases.
Therefore, applying early will help applicants avoid such a circumstance and will improve their chances of availing of studentships and awards.
What is the current University of Victoria acceptance rate?
the University of Victoria acceptance rate is 63%. So your chances of getting admitted is certain if you meet the requirements.
So, more than half of the applicants get accepted.
Therefore, in order to be admitted, you will need to get good grades and prepare for tests such as IELTS or TOEFL.
If you do that, you should not have problems with getting accepted.
University of Victoria ranking
University of Victoria is one of Canada’s leading universities.
Widely recognized for leadership in research, inspired teaching, and community engagement.
Also, they provide visionary undergraduate and graduate programs and dynamic learning experiences in diverse ways.
UVic retains its place in the top one percent of universities in the world and among the top-ranked in Canada for scientific impact
- #3 among all Canadian universities in citation impact per faculty member (QS rankings, 2021)
- #4 in the Air and Climate category of the 2019 Sustainable Campus Index.
- #1 among comprehensive universities in medical/science grants per faculty (Maclean’s 2020)
- The University of Victoria is recognized annually as one of Canada’s top universities.
- It also ranked #1 in North America for international research collaborations
- ranks #1 IN CANADA FOR OPEN ACCESS PUBLICATIONS
- #1 IN CANADIAN COMPREHENSIVE UNIVERSITIES (2022), A DISTINCTION IT SHARES WITH SFU THIS YEAR.
- #1 IN FACULTY AWARDS AND MEDICAL/SCIENCE GRANTS.
In addition, university of Victoria ranked the top school for promoting Indigenous visibility, a position it’s held since this category was introduced in 2018.
University of Victoria- RANKING by QS WORLD
The 2021 QS World University Rankings by Subject recognize UVic’s leadership in a broad range of academic fields.
Also, The QS rankings suggest that UVic’s rising international reputation stems from extraordinary programs across the institution.
University of Victoria identify as one of the top 300 institutions globally for research in 11 QS subject areas:
- Earth and marine sciences
- English language and literature
- Environmental sciences
- Physics and astronomy
US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT
University of Victoria ranked 118 worldwide).
US News ranked UVic among the world’s top 300 schools in 10 individual fields, including one (space science) among the top 100:
- Arts and humanities
- Computer science
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Social science and public health
- Space science
University of victoria Notable Alumni
- MARK CHAO: He is a Taiwanese-Canadian actor and model. Also, He made his television debut in the television series Black & White (2009), for which he won the Golden Bell Award for Best Actor.
- NATHAN JOSEPH FIELDER: Writer, comedian, actor, and entrepreneur. Also, He is best known for co-creating and starring in the Comedy Central show Nathan for You.
- PCALVIN CHEN: Taiwanese actor, businessman, model, singer, and television host. Also, He was a member of the Taiwanese boy band Fahrenheit, along with Jiro Wang, Wu Chun, and Aaron Yan.
- SEVERN CULLIS-SUZUKI: Canadian environmental activist, speaker, television host, and author.
- RONA AMBROSE VEITCH: She is a Canadian former politician who was the interim leader of the Conservative Party and the Leader of the Opposition between 2015 and 2017.
- JODY WILSON-RAYBOULD: lawyer and politician who has served as a member of Parliament for the British Columbia (BC) riding of Vancouver.
- ERIN KARPLUK: She is a Canadian actress.
- STEWART BUTTERFIELD: World-renowned entrepreneurship executive officer. He is a Canadian billionaire businessman
- LEAH DIANE GIBSON: Canadian film and television actress.
- ERIN FITZGERALD: She is a Canadian-American voice actress. Also, she provides voice-overs for several cartoons, video games, and English language dubs of Japanese anime.
- PATRICIA A. HANDY: She is a Canadian Liberal politician.
- SAM DUNN: He is a Canadian documentary filmmaker, musician, and anthropologist. In addition, he is known for his series of documentaries on heavy metal music.
- STOCKWELL BURT DAY JR.: famous for his political career.
- ESI EDUGYAN: She is a Canadian novelist.over the years, she has twice won the Giller Prize, for her novels Half-Blood Blues and Washington Black.
- PAUL NICKLEN: acclaimed Canadian photographer, filmmaker, author, and marine biologist.
In conclusion, the University of Victoria is a great choice if you are considering pursuing your career in Canada. See a complete guide on how to apply for study in Canada.
Frequently asked question on University of Victoria acceptance rate
What is the acceptance rate for University of Victoria?
University of Victoria’s acceptance rate is 63%
Is the University of Victoria a good choice of school to study?
Yes, you stand a chance to get a high-paying job opportunity and rise to stardom in your career
What is University of Victoria ranking?
Ranked #1 Among Canadian comprehensive universities for preparing career-ready students.
- www.universitystudy.ca- Why study at the University of Victoria, Canada?
- www.collegedunia.com- university of Victoria admissions
- www.worldscholarshipforum.com- What is the current University of Victoria’s acceptance rate?
- www.uvic.ca– university of Victoria ranking
- www.edurank.org- university of Victoria Notable Alumni
- University of Oxford acceptance rate for international students
- Top 15 Universities In Canada: Best Canadian Universities Rankings
- Easy Guide To Getting A Master’s Degree In Computer Science In Canada
- 15 Best Colleges In Canada For International Students
- Top 15 Community Colleges In Canada – Best Ranking
- Concordia University Montreal Acceptance Rate