The E-Grantz Scholarship is an online platform for giving out scholarships for both high school and post-high school students. It is for some specific communities in Kerala, a state in India. The portal allows students from the less privileged parts of Kerala to apply as long as they meet the mentioned requirements for the scholarship.
Additionally, In a situation where a student is not able to submit the application online. There is a provision in the portal for the institutions to submit the application on behalf of a student. In the past few years, over 3 Lakh students across over 3,000 institutions in Kerala pursuing education benefited from the E Grantz portal.
A Brief History of the E-Grantz Scholarship
The E-Grantz Scholarship was introduced by the Kerala government and is specifically for students in India, specifically in Kerala. The scholarship focuses on students who are less privileged. Also, it assists students who need financial support to continue their education.
Egrantz Scholarship Eligibility
Below are the conditions that students must meet in order to qualify for the E-Grantz scholarship.
- The student must be from Kerala
- Categories eligible are Other Eligible Communities (OEC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Other Backward Classes (OBCs), and other socially/economically backward communities.
- Students studying at a recognized university at the post-secondary school level can apply.
- The student must have been admitted through merit and reservation quota
- Only students whose attendance is 75% and above can apply.
Are you interested in Studying Abroad? If you answered YES, then you should have a look at our article on Best Abroad Programs For International Students
How to Apply and Win E-Grantz Scholarship Application In India: A Step-by-Step Guide.
Applicants who wish to apply for Kerala E-Grantz scholarships should follow the procedures given below.
- Step#1. : The applicant should visit the official E-Grantz Scholarship site.
- Step#2. : He or she should navigate to the one-time registration (OTR) button, which is obviously at the bottom of the page, and click on it.
- Step#3: Once the OTR button opens, the applicant should enter the Aadhar number and name as they are written on the Aadhar Card and click on validate in order to continue.
- Step#4: The candidate will also be required to input some relevant information, such as an email address, Mobile number, Date of Birth, and password.
- Step#5: The next thing to do is to click on Register in order to complete the OTR.
- After doing your OTR, the next step is this.
- Step #6: Upon successful registration, the candidate is required to log in to the portal using his or her E-mail and Password.
- Step #7: Once the login is successful, the candidate is automatically provided with a profile page to be filled out. It contains five sections: basic information, Bank Details, Document upload, Institutional details, and other information.
- Step #8: After completing the profile setup, the applicant can then advance further to apply for the scholarship by clicking on “Apply for the Post-Matric Scholarship”
- Step#9: After the click, you will be redirected to a page that shows a list of scholarships the applicant is eligible for.
- Step #10: Click your choice of scholarship and proceed to the application page.
- Step #11: The required information has to be correctly entered. Upon completion, upload all requested documents.
- Step #12: Finally, ensure all the information provided is correct and the documents uploaded are the right ones, then click on Submit.
E Grantz Scholarship Amount
The financial aid available to students who qualify for this scholarship varies. The assistance you receive is dependent on the category you belong to, and your current qualification in academics. More detailed information about the scholarship amount is given below.
For SC/OEC Candidates
- For Students who study in a college that is less than 8km from their residence, the stipend amount is Rs. 630.
- A stipend amount of Rs. 750 to students whose colleges are above 8km from their residence.
- A stipend amount of Rs. 10,000 for students who reside on their own and are pursuing a professional course.
For OBC Candidates
- Students pursuing a +2 course to get Rs. 160
Students Pursing PG and Professional courses
- The amount of stipend for day scholars is Rs. 200 while those who reside in the college hostel receive Rs. 250.
For Students Pursuing Polytechnic Courses
Day Scholars receive a stipend of Rs. 100 and hostelers receive Rs. 150
E-Grantz Scholarship 2023 Last Date
The Kerala E-Grantz scholarship is always open for some period of time. It might be weeks, months, or sometimes even years. However, the scholarship portal has the last application date for, this year, the last date for accepting applications is February 28, 2023.
E-Grantz Scholarship Income Limit
- There are no income limits for applicants for SC and OECs.
- For students in the category of OBC, the income limit is Rs. 100,000 per year for +2 courses, Postgraduate, degree, and Professional courses.
- Additionally, the income limit for students from other categories is also Rs. 100000 per annum for +2 Courses, PG, Degree, and of course Professional courses
How To Check Scholarship Application Status Online
After your application, you might need to check the status to see if you have probably been selected, or perhaps other additional documents are required of you to upload. To know your E-Grantz Scholarship application status, follow the guide below.
- Open the E-Grantz Scholarship official portal
- Once the portal opens, hover over where you see the “Track Application”. Click on it.
- You would be required to submit your Aadhar Number and your Date of Birth. This is to enable you to access your application.
- Immediately after the page finishes loading, your scholarship status will display on the screen.
The E-Grantz Scholarship is specifically for less privileged students in the state of Kerala in India. This online scholarship platform was created by the Indian government in order to support students who wish to further their education but are not financially capable.