The most common challenge among students globally is the shortage or unavailability of the fund to either begin an educational career or go further, for those already started.
In order to put the issue to the bearest minimum, governments all over the world, as well as international organizations, resolved to make scholarships available to students.
There are a lot of global scholarships available for students and E-Grantz Scholarship is one of the best.
In this article, you will learn all there is about the E-Grantz Scholarship for Indian students along with other related topics pertaining to the scholarship.
What is E-Grantz Scholarship
The E- Grantz Scholarship is an online platform for giving out scholarships for both high school and post-high school students. It is for some specific communities in Kerala- a state in India. The portal allows students from the less privileged part of Kerala to apply in as much as they meet the mentioned requirements for the scholarship.
Additionally, In a situation where a student is not able to submit the application online. There is a provision in the portal for the institutions to submit the application on behalf of a student. In the past periods, 3 Lakh students across over 3,000 institutions in Kerala pursuing education have benefitted from the Erantz portal.
A Brief History of the E-Grantz Scholarship
The E-Grantz Scholarship was introduced by the Kerala government and is specifically for students in India precisely in Kerala. The scholarship focuses on students that are less privileged. Also, it assists students that need financial support so as to continue their education.
Egrantz Scholarship Eligibility
Below are the conditions that students are to meet in order to qualify for the E-Grantz scholarship.
- The student must be from Kerala
- Categories eligible are- Other Eligible Communities (OEC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Other Backward Classes (OBCs), and other socially/economically backward communities.
- Students studying in a recognized university at the post-secondary school level can apply.
- The student must have been admitted through merit and reservation quota
- only students whose attendance is 75% and above can apply.
Are you interested in Studying Abroad? If you answered YES, then you should have a look at our article on Best Abroad Programs For International Students
E-Grantz Scholarship Amount
The financial aid to students that qualify for this scholarship varies. The assistance you receive is dependent on the category you belong to, your current qualification in academics. More detailed information about the scholarship amount is given below.
For SC/ OEC Candidates
- For Students who study in college that is less than 8km from their residence, the stipend amount is Rs. 630.
- A stipend amount of Rs. 750 to students whose colleges are above 8km from their residence.
- A stipend amount of Rs. for students who reside on their own and are pursuing a professional course.
For OBC Candidates
- Students pursuing a +2 course to get Rs. 160
Student Pursing PG and Professional courses
- The amount of stipend for day scholars is Rs. 200 while for those those who reside in the college hostel receive Rs. 250.
For Students Pursuing Polytechnic Courses
Day Scholars receive a stipend of Rs. 100 and hostelers receive Rs. 150
How To Apply and Win E-Grantz Scholarship Application In India: Step-by-Step Guide.
Applicants that wish to apply for Kerala E-Grantz scholarships should follow the procedures given below.
- Step#1. : The applicant should visit the official E-Grantz Scholarship site.
- Step#2. : He or she should navigate to the one-time registration (OTR) button which is obviously at the bottom of the page and click on it.
- Step#3: Once the OTR button opens, the applicant should enter the Aadhar number and name as it is written in the Aadhar Card and click on validate in order to continue.
- Step#4: The candidate will also be required to input some relevant information such as E-mail Address, Mobile No., Date of Birth, and Password has to be entered.
- Step#5: The next thing to do is to click on register in order to complete the OTR.
- After doing your OTR, The next is this.
- Step #6: upon a successful registration, the candidate is required to log in to the portal using his or her E-mail and Password.
- Step #7: once the login is successful, the candidate is automatically provided a profile page to be filled. It contains five sections which are Basic Information, Bank Details, Document upload, Institutional details, and other information.
- Step #8: After completing the profile set up, the applicant can then advance further to apply for the scholarship by clicking on “Apply for the Post-Matric Scholarship”
- Step#9. : After the click, then you will be redirected to a page that shows a list of scholarships the applicant is eligible for.
- Step #10 : Click your choice of scholarship and proceed to the application page.
- Step #11: The required information has to be correctly entered. Upon completion, upload all requested documents.
- Step #12: Finally, ensure all information provided is correct and also documents uploaded are the right ones then click on submit.
E-Grantz Scholarship 2023 Last Date
The Kerala E-Grantz scholarship is always open for some period. It might be weeks, months, and sometimes even years. However, the scholarship portal has the last application date for, this year, the last date for accepting applications is Feb. 28, 2023.
E-Grantz Scholarship Income Limit
- There are no income limits for applicants for SC and OECs.
- For students in the category of OBC, the income limit is Rs. 100000 per year for +2 courses, Postgraduate, degree, and a Professional courses.
- Additionally, the income limit for students from other cateories is also Rs. 100000 per annum for +2 Courses, PG, Degree and of course Professional courses
How To Check Scholarship Application Status Online
After your application, you might need to check the status if you have probably been selected, or perhaps other additional documents are required of you to upload. To know your E-Grantz Scholarship application status follow the guide below.
- Open the E-Grantz Scholarship official portal
- once the portal opens, hover to where you see the “Track Application”. Click on it.
- You would be required to submit your Aadhar Number and your Date of Birth. This is to enable you to access your application.
- Immediately the page finishes loading, your scholarship status will display on the screen.
The E-Grantz Scholarship is specifically for less privileged students in the state of Kerala in India. This online scholarship platform was created by the Indian government in order to support students who wish to further their education but are not financially capable.
Frequently Asked Questions on e-Grantz Scholarship
In what format should students enter their names in the e-Grantz Scholarship registration form?
Enter names in the registration form as in the Aardhar card
What is the interval for e-Grantz Scholarship disbursement?
Annually, into the institution’s official account
Attendance that is required for the e-Grantz Scholarship
75% minimum attendance at the end of each month
If I am pursuing a management degree course, can I apply for the E-Grantz scholarship?
No, It is only meant for merit or reservation seat candidates
What is the number of students that have benefitted from the E-Grantz Scholarship Scheme?
Over 3 Lakh students from 3400 educational institutions have benefitted.
- Scholarship Login– Students Registration
- Nvshq– Scholarship Application
- Getmyuni– e- Grantz Scholarship